PDA

View Full Version : PLEAS BE CAREFUL

Anonymous
26-10-01, 11:46 PM
can I just ask all novaloaders to be careful in the wet driving conditions please?-I have just been with my bro for 3 hours in A&E as he wrote his car off,its got the crappers up me :( I was coming from halfords and got home,ready to go out for a quick drive with him now he had bedded the brakes in,and when I got back,I saw he had gone,and I thought nothing of it,took my jacket off and cracked a can open,1 sip later my bro rings me in a bit of a worried manner"Rob,I,I think I wrote my car off,I dont know what to do,can,can you come down please?" I said to calm down etc,and asked how he was and if he wanted me to bring anything,blanket,tools,drink,a priest or woteva,he explained where he was and I went out there,I drove like a prat most the way there,75 in a 30,past a cop car coming my way???-wierd,but I got roughly there and tried ringing him,and he said he was waiting by the side of the road,I found him,and he piled in v quickly,scratched and troubled,but ok,I took him away,I managed to get him to A&E,hearing his story on the way,turned out he was doing 60ish when he felt the back end go slightly happy,he eased off,and it slid from him cos of the camber,it took him off the road,through a fence,through a 1 foot thicck tree,flipped him up in the air,rolled him 5 times,and he managed to get out and that,he said cds were all over the field,one of his shoes from the boot was up by th road,he was soooooo lucky,I have been back to the car,its 200-300m down in a grass field,its a write off,with a door ripped off,and some rippling and the roof crumpled,the windows are all out,the windscreens 100m away roughly,so is a mirror,and its a mess basically,but I didnt like taking his cd player etc out with our dad,it felt so wrong,I mean,my twin bro,nearly died there,I do not want to see the car or field ever again,I know from the build qualities,that I wouldnt have walked from such an accident,I am not asking you all to become boring old peeps in rovers,but,take it easy in rough conditions!

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
27-10-01, 12:07 AM
aww thats shit m8, but atleast hes ok - thats the main thing!!

i lost mine in bad weather last yr, but luckly managed to park my car in between 2 trees on a road which is lined with trees on both sides and a river behind them on one side - ive never been so scared in my life... thought i was in the river, s*it myself! :(

well, spose we all learn from our mistakes

atleast hes ok

Anonymous
27-10-01, 12:49 AM
sounds pretty bad m8 jobs a god un if he's alright though! i nearly lost my gte tonite and that made me think a bit but this has made mind up.

Time to take it easy 4 a while me thinks!

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
27-10-01, 01:04 AM
Nowt more I can say Rob mate....I think it's all in the e-mail.

Take it easy ;)

Anonymous
27-10-01, 09:34 AM
Hard luck mate, hope he gets well soon. I think the majority of members have had a prang (or few) including myself so everyone is gonna know how he feels. :(

Anonymous
27-10-01, 09:45 AM
thats lift off oversteer mate

nice when u want it for effect, but a nitemare at 100mph eh MC?

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
27-10-01, 12:18 PM
OI LESS OF THE OLD PEEPS IN ROVERS!! :D

its nice to hear hes ok though

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
27-10-01, 05:54 PM
lol- not too good when you are following someone into a corner (say for example first corner on a racetrack) and they get lift off oversteer either (eh MC?):D

Seriously though at least your bros ok.
If you dont go and get the stuff out of his car while its sitting there in the field, someone else will do....

Anonymous
27-10-01, 07:29 PM
yeah mate hope he's kool. As i think a car's always replacable. Ur not! Take it easy guyz for my sake at least!!!

Go get the stuff. He'll not be happy if the stuffs nicked.Like fuckin flies round sh-ite some of these thieves!!

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres offers??
35mm offset.

Taxed,tested and insured.Go chase criminals

Anonymous
28-10-01, 10:42 AM
i take it by the facts that loads of stuff came out of the car, but he didn't that he was wearing his belt
this should go out as a message to all the picks i see in novas not wearing belts

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 09:28 AM
i know people who have only survived in accidents because they had no seat belt

x-b :)p He Who Laughs Last Laughs Longest :)p x-b

Anonymous
30-10-01, 09:37 AM
i've been in 4 heavy accidents and the belt has saved me every time

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 05:16 PM
yeah he was wearing his belt,I went back to the car n got his cd player etc out,collected up his cds,took his shades out the glove compartment,he went back to it next day,him n our dad took it out the field,it managed to drive out the field!,scraping and scrubbing in the arches mind,I shew my best mate the car,it shitted him up a bit,I think he will calm down a little now,the car was only tpft so he wont get anything for it,but he paid it all in cash,and was only with it for 2 months I think,so in theory,the insurance company should stump up a few hundred a t least(1k to insure a 1.7i volvo for a first car) plus he can send off the tax disc,and that may be enough for him to pick up another 440,he was rebuilding a spare engine for the one he rolled too,reconning it,with new seals etc,hes quite good our bro actually :) he does most mechanical bits on my nova,well,shows me how to do stuff,in return I get him bits here n there,I cannot afford to get him a replacemnt car though-I think the main culprit of his crash was the conditions,we all must take care in the wet!

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
31-10-01, 07:42 AM
A good mate of mine once rolled his grandads corsa in the wet - ever since i have been the safest nova driver in the world when it rains, gets foggy or sometimes dark...
Thing was the corsa was brand spankers, less than 500 miles on the clock and he had no licence or insurance... he was just running a little errand for his grandad... bloody typical.

Anyway - glad to hear your bro is ok... could have been much worse really.