PDA

View Full Version : Throttle restrictor

Clutch
27-09-04, 10:13 PM
Sorry mates my question but i don?t know where is the throttle restrictor on the E16SE engine, there?s any can show me a picture of this?

Is possible some more power with this out?

Cheers mates

Alex
27-09-04, 10:44 PM
what do you mean by restrictor?

I have outlined a few limitations below:
The E16SE engine sometimes suffers from the nylon throttle bush wearing so the butterfly in the throttle body doesnt open fully. Replace/fabricate a new one to rectify this. Also the butterfly can be removed and the wedge filed off to allow better airflow. The AFM can also be "modified" to slacken the spring tension. This (supposedly) increases the throttle delay between pedal and acceleration as well as increase airflow.

If this doesnt answer your question then pass lol.

ad19car
28-09-04, 08:36 PM
The wedge on the buterfly can be removed by 2 screws but the problem you wil have wil be the 2 holes left afta. Ive superglued a half mon shape ruber washer across the holes and sems to have worked, I havent driven it yet but it seems ALOT more responsive. I would advise against doing the airflow mod as ive screwed mine up completly. Hey ho! Hope this helps

ad19car
28-09-04, 08:39 PM
The wedge on the buterfly can be removed by 2 screws but the problem you wil have wil be the 2 holes left afta. Ive superglued a half mon shape ruber washer across the holes and sems to have worked, I havent driven it yet but it seems ALOT more responsive. I would advise against doing the airflow mod as ive screwed mine up completly. Hey ho! Hope this helps

dathers
30-09-04, 01:03 AM
The nylon bush wore out on my gte,i made a new one from brass on the lathe at work and polished the cam it runs in.
I also put a stronger throttle return spring on as i like the pedal to be hard to press.
Dave

Alex
30-09-04, 02:00 PM
I would advise against doing the airflow mod as ive screwed mine up completly. Hey ho! Hope this helps

If you do your research first you shouldnt have a problem

lol Im not even sure if this is what Clutch meant

dathers
30-09-04, 02:52 PM
The airflow meter mod is a bodge job anyway,leave it alone.
Dave

Ste_Nova
30-09-04, 03:51 PM
how about a 2.0 throttle body

Ste L
30-09-04, 04:28 PM
is it possible to do this throttle restrictor thing on a nova sri??

or would a 2.0 throttle body fit on as ste surgested??