PDA

View Full Version : How To ? - Electric Windows / Central Locking !

Nick
26-09-04, 11:56 PM
Hi, i've just bought a set of Electric Windows and Central locking, which should hopefully be here in the next few days. Just wondering how to instlal them, ? Can't find a "how to " on the net !

I've heard the Window motors are a direct swap for the manual ones, and all you need is an earth and Live for the Switches (obtained from la Fag Lighter)

How hard are the Central Locking solenoids !? anyone got any pin out#s for the little control ECU that comes with em !?

Plus, How the hell do i remove my Window Winders !? that's the only thing stopping me from getting a proper look at all the mechanisms !

cheers ! Nick

Metromartin
27-09-04, 02:10 AM
If you got the loom for the e/w aswell it just plugs into the fuse box very easily and 1 wire to earth by the gear gator, the c/l control ecu plugs into this loom under the glove box. We first got a set of 5dr motors which are totally different to the 3dr :( The e/w and c/l is not part of the normal loom so can be removed on its own as it goes under the front of the front seats. The window winders have a U clip behind them, get a small flat head screw driver and push or prise them off, there a nak to it!

The Main problem is if you dont have central locking you wont have any wires to the doors. This is where me and my m8 are stuck

Whats the best way to fit the wires to a normal nova door as I not sure how to cut metal and access is a problem?

Thanks

Ste_Nova
27-09-04, 09:37 AM
wings off... then there is an inverted nipple showing u where to drill :P

you can see the wires and holes in this pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/K368ARO/P92600081.jpg

Nick
27-09-04, 05:57 PM
I've got a kit that includes the Switches,Wiring Loom, Window Motors, Central Locking Solenoids, ECU and Loom.

So your saying the only problem that your stuck with is the fact that you can't get wires through to the doors for the Central lcoking !? well surely you must have to put wires to the doors for the Electric Windows !?

I have front speakers in my doors (installed by moi) and i just ran the wires neatly out of the end of the door card, across the gap (when the door opens and tucking into and behind the side of the dash.. can't i just do it this way !? i know it's not as neat but i don't care. Just need to rest my bloody hands after a year of manual window winding !

gary_1.2Merit
28-09-04, 12:52 PM
thats what ive done with my central locking. just have the wires neatly loomed and coming out of the doorcard, then tucked under the kickpanel(or whatever its called) doesnt look to bad.

Nick
28-09-04, 01:49 PM
sooo garymerit... How do you attach the solenoids to the door ? are they rivetted or do they go onto original fixings.. Any chance of posting a wiring guide cos my mate will do the leccy windows for me.