PDA

View Full Version : rubbing noise on o/s/f wheel???

vauxnov
26-09-04, 09:51 PM
hey everyone.

ive bought i 1.4sr lowered by approx 40mm on springs and recon sr shocks. i am running 195/45/16 tyres on wolfrace voodoo's not sure of the offset

jst lately the o/s/f has been rubbing on inner arch but only when driving straight or to the left. i have jst put some spacers on but has made no difference to the noise, only now they are rubbing on the outside edge over bumps.

please can ne1 help for is a puzzle to me. have also just changed the bottom ball joint.

Nick
26-09-04, 11:28 PM
Sure it's not a Wheel bearing !?

vauxnov
27-09-04, 04:17 PM
not sure did think of that but it doesnt make sense to be a bearing because the noise goes quite when turning to the right.

will change it any way.

any ideas what else if it isn't a bearing??

Nick
27-09-04, 05:49 PM
Sounds like a bearing mate. it obviously isn't rubbing on a strut or Arch. because you'd notice tire wear/strut wear. And rubbing on an arch is more of a loud gridnding noise !

My front Passenger bearing was knackered at it makes a Humming/rubbing sound allmost all the time apart from turning Left corners. If you think about it it would do this due to weight distribution depending on what way your turning.

Which Wheels is the noise comin from !? Front Drivers, or Front Passengers. When does it make a humming noise !? when does it stop making a Humming noise !?

vauxnov
28-09-04, 09:18 PM
cheers for the advice.

i have finally replaced the bearing after alot of ball ache and has solved the problem!

cheers again