PDA

View Full Version : 2ltr disk mounting to hubs

te17@novasgonemad
26-09-04, 06:37 PM
when i put my 2ltr brakes on my nova the hub mount on the disk wasa digger diameter to the hub its self so as the shaft spins the disk moves up and down slightly

this shouldnt be doing this so is the a plastic spacer ring that i should have

if you cant understand me say and i will draw a little pic for you

cheers richard

Philsutton
26-09-04, 06:42 PM
doesnt matter if the disk doesnt fit right onto the hub as when you put the wheel back on the wheel nut bolts go through it an hold it in place

te17@novasgonemad
26-09-04, 07:08 PM
yea m8 cheers for that but even with the wheel back on it still seems out slightly

im buying grooved disks tmz as mine are warped are the red dot pads and disks for the cav alriteor are they a bit pony

_JH_
26-09-04, 10:19 PM
doesnt matter if the disk doesnt fit right onto the hub as when you put the wheel back on the wheel nut bolts go through it an hold it in place

:lol: it does matter.

the hub hole must fit snug on the hub, it'll be out of balance otherwise, its the stud/bolt holes that don't matter so much.

te17, cav/astra 256 discs have the same hub hole as the nova ones. there is a problem somewhere. you may have the wrong discs

Philsutton
27-09-04, 05:48 PM
it does matter.

the hub hole must fit snug on the hub, it'll be out of balance otherwise, its the stud/bolt holes that don't matter so much.

te17, cav/astra 256 discs have the same hub hole as the nova ones. there is a problem somewhere. you may have the wrong discs
am i think of something else then?

mark_GSi
27-09-04, 06:05 PM
i had that, the discs wernt a snug fit on the hubs, i just used the iccle screw that locates the holes on the disc to hold it on while i put the brakes and wheel on.

it was fine for over 2 years lol