PDA

View Full Version : donking noise when breaking ??

te17@novasgonemad
26-09-04, 06:32 PM
right i have me car back, took it out for a test drive and when i brake i get like a donking sound some times when i press the pedal, other times a few seconds after i have started pressing the pedal ie,, whilst braking still, sometimes when i brake hard other times soft but i havent got a clue any ideas (bearing in mind that vauxhall had me 2ltr calipers off me hubs for the past week whilst playing with the engine

Philsutton
26-09-04, 06:35 PM
caliper bolts not done up tight?

burgo
26-09-04, 06:37 PM
lol@donkin

sorry i have no useful information just found the word donkin funny

te17@novasgonemad
26-09-04, 07:03 PM
wot it is me new tech terms like innit bruv lol i dunno wot its called mate but thats wot it does tho :D

m.d.
26-09-04, 07:49 PM
good description lol @ donking

mine was doing this and it ended up being a combination of warn bushes and caliper bolts moving (not tight enough)

Jim
26-09-04, 08:02 PM
This might sound stupid, but you havent got something sliding around under your chair or in your boot have you? when you break its sliding forward and hitting part of the car?

Jim

smithy87
26-09-04, 08:21 PM
This might sound stupid, but you havent got something sliding around under your chair or in your boot have you? when you break its sliding forward and hitting part of the car?

Jim

lol, never rule out the obvious.

_JH_
26-09-04, 10:24 PM
sounds like a knackered cv joint. do you get a similar 'donk' if you floor it after the initial donk?

could be inner or outer, depending where the noise is coming from.

Phil_G
27-09-04, 12:20 AM
hiya

would call the cv more of a rattley click than a donk :D

also more likely to maifest iteself on turns first of all...

Phil

robb
27-09-04, 09:57 AM
I have that donk noise, had the caliper off yeasterday to fit me newer shiny painted up and good lookin hubs.

The noise on mine is a worn slide, so the caliper goes donk on the slide and it does sound like loose bolts, deceiving! Grab the caliper and wiggle fwd bckwd.

_JH_
28-09-04, 05:46 PM
hiya

would call the cv more of a rattley click than a donk :D

also more likely to maifest iteself on turns first of all...

Phil

for an outer cv maybe, but inner cvs go like this, and it is a donk. happens on many fwd drive cars with pop-in shafts

Nick
28-09-04, 06:38 PM
would call the cv more of a rattley click than a donk

So that's what explains my Clattley noise !