PDA

View Full Version : hmmm, interesting electrical problem!!

novaboy1981
24-09-04, 09:10 PM
well todays project has been to wire up my merc-style wingmirror indicators. i got the drivers side done what i thought was successfully so it all works....excellent....only when i go to lock the car on the remote the indicators dont flash and worse still the bloody thing now doesnt lock!!
all ive done is move the bulb and the original wiring up into the wingmirror and re-attached it all....been nowhere near the alarm box!

looks like more head scratching is required once daylight appears! :roll:

andy

Dod
26-09-04, 04:05 PM
You musta connected the wrong wires or else a bare wire is tutching the bare metal work on the car. Undo everything you've done, take the wires from the wing indicator and use them instead and use plenty of insulating tape!! My Fuel Guage and Heater have a similar Problem, the work sometimes and stop then at other times, the wiring doesn't seem to be damaged, is it a relay or can anyone shed any light on it?

Jim
26-09-04, 08:04 PM
Blown fuse? I had to do some re-wiring and it blew the fuse. An easy way to tell is check if your interior light comes on when you open the door. If it doesnt then you've blown a fuse. In order to change it you need to disconnect your battery and then change the fuse. It's a 15amp fuse.

Jim

novaboy1981
26-09-04, 11:29 PM
its all sorted now cheers fellas, bloody earth connection was a bit duff!
had the same prob on the passenger side, but all is now well!
they look an absolute treat :D