PDA

View Full Version : Need help with insurance and modz

Anonymous
28-10-01, 12:14 AM
I?ve got a 1.4 Sr Nova H reg Mk1 and I?m with direct line at the moment, and phoned them a few weeks to ask how much with all these modz

Pipercross foam air filter
Peco back box
Flushed tailgate
G mex lowered
14 inch Vaux alloys
Gsi bumpers with splitters
One off side skirts (from something in the scrap yard trimmed down)
Mk2 dash
Digi dash

Not told them about
Tilt adjustable steering column
Leather gear knob and gator
Wiper and indicator stalks
Heated seats (thanks micky for that one very good idea?..lol)
Rear head rests

They said ?30 for the rest of the policy then ?370 fully comp for next year (wish I?d asked for a ref number for that quote) I was only paying ?225 fully comp before the modz (I?m 32)
After me m8 No Frills had some twat side swipe him I said fek it I?m letting them know Now they want ?625 for next years policy that?s with a cat one immobiliser (fek that)
Phoned C.I.S they want an engineers report b4 giving me a quote (don?t ask me why?????)
Anyone think of any thing I can leave off the list that I tell them
And what do u lot pay and do u declare all your modz??

Ian what do you pay and who you with???
Gonna do a Ste me standard 1.2 with a valver if I have to pay that much

[-itchscratch.gif-]
www.perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
28-10-01, 12:29 AM
By the way I've got full NCB i.e. over 8 years

[-itchscratch.gif-]
www.perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
28-10-01, 01:43 AM
fuck in hell steve mate that dont sound too good lol :D

Anonymous
28-10-01, 09:24 AM
With my motor I got full no claims over 8 yrs and on a 1650 motor with a 60% increase in engine power agreed (always make it more incase u buy summin new for the engine), and i got everthing declared with an agreed external (outside engine bay) total of ?2000 and i pay about ?400 year that includes me drink drive from 4 yrs ago aswell and that is with privelege. + a rollcage is no extra as is covered in the ?2000 limit

Anonymous
28-10-01, 10:46 AM
?500 for 16v nova with wheels, lowered, brakes 4yrs ncd, 1 claim, 3 points
no security, parked on road

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
28-10-01, 11:35 AM
Ste who you with m8??
im well being feked up the a$$ by my insurance then
lol and was gonna ask how much for a 2.0l 8v aswell when I was on the phone, glad I never now lol
anyone know any phone no. for good insurance comp's that deal with modz?????

[-itchscratch.gif-]
www.perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
28-10-01, 12:03 PM
adrian flux

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
28-10-01, 12:46 PM
yeah but ste you like in a field about 500 miles from the nearest living thing....

the last thing to get stolen from round you was a cavemans girlfriend (by her hair!)

lmao

:D there never gonna fit :D

Anonymous
28-10-01, 01:18 PM
lmao

Anonymous
28-10-01, 03:49 PM
im with CIS, they didnt charge me anything for all the mods as long as they dont increase performance. Ive gotta K&n, skimmed head and backbox and the bloke that came round to look at the car said that would be no extra because they didnt improve performance more than 10%

Anonymous
28-10-01, 04:12 PM
lmao @ lancy, cos lancy actually has a field behind his house same as ste!

v5, ste's is on Third party cover.

i'm paying ?620 fully comp full bonus etc everything declared with greenlight, but they wont take you on now, dont do novas anymore.

adrian flux have quoted me ?550 tho with ?8k agreed value. ill see in jan when up for renewal

Anonymous
28-10-01, 11:54 PM
Ian m8 that?s a f**kin blinding price for a car like yours, I'd pay direct line the cash no prob?s if mine was modded as much as yours, but it's not so they can shove it. How can a car insurance company not insure Nova's a few ppl from Mig have told me about them, and they drive Astra's and cav's and the like, so why not Novas?? "strange". Adrian flux quoted me ?363.50 for new policy with an excess of ?300 "don?t know still think I can get cheaper or cheaper excess than that but maybe not". Why tf did CIS want an engineers report "which I had to pay for "When Dannova said they sent someone round, or did you (Dannova) get an independent engineer round, if so how much was it?? Mind you I don?t like the sound of having to pay for an independent engineer then go to CIS and they tell me ?500 too ?700 for me policy. I'm flabbergasted at how much insurance companies want for my policy, when you open up the likes of Total Vauxhall, Fast Car, Max Power, and see cars much nicer than mine being driven by kids (no offence meant by that statement by the way)
v5uk

love car?s - hate insurance

[-itchscratch.gif-]
www.perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
29-10-01, 03:48 AM
They sent some bloke round but we didnt pay extra for it, and he hardly looked at the car but he sat there for about an hour tapping away at his laptop.

Anonymous
29-10-01, 10:00 AM
I pay ?1050 fully comp on 2.0l 8v with 60% power increase, wheels, suspension, brakes, flushed tailgate, spoiler, bonnet scoop, single wiper, splitter, sideskirts etc etc all listed. thats at 20 with 2 years ncb. With Adrian Flux.