PDA

View Full Version : digi-dash not lighting up properly.

dan-hipgrave
24-09-04, 04:11 PM
Just re-fitted my digidash after clocking it (to the cars original mileage because that is low enough) and now half of the dash doesnt light up properly.

Does this mean that i have damaged the LCD plates when clocking it somehow? Can these still be picked up from Vauxhall parts dealers?

Its the fuel guage/oil pressure/temp part of the dash by the way..

Cheers, Dan

dan-hipgrave
24-09-04, 05:48 PM
ok, that problem is now sorted (i was driving round the block and it suddenly lit up)..

.....but i have another one - my old transducer was broken so i got a new one, but it seems to be giving me double the speed i am actually doing. I tried flicking the red switch at the top of the dash from position 1 to 2 but then got no speed reading at all.

I guess i have got the wrong transducer for my car?

And to top it all off, it looks like my clocking has bust the mileometer (i think thats what its called) because it hasnt changed at all with the trips round the block :(

Muttly
26-09-04, 02:00 AM
As far as the speed doubling you just have the sender unit wired wrong. Rewire it correctly. It'll take 5 minutes. Also the bulbs probably came lose on the dash. I would recommend removing and refitting every buld on the digi dash one at a time to ensure they're in correctly, eg unscrew and rescrew. The mileometer is an odometer. Mine doesn't work either after clocking (it didn't work before either). If anyone can help with this it'd be great.

Nick
26-09-04, 11:33 PM
Unfortunatly i think you've got the wrong transducer, i've heard that using the wrong one will display double the speed ! maybe try rewiring it, but it shouldn't work if the wires are wrong in the first place !

robb
27-09-04, 10:04 AM
You have obviously missed something on the odometer cos I did mine and it was fine, took a few attempts to line up though lol.

Take it apart and check you havent pu things in wrong.

johnny27
27-09-04, 06:48 PM
hope this is'nt off the topic but anyone know any websites to buy the digi dash halogen bulbs from and price? other than vauxhall

Nick
27-09-04, 09:21 PM
Yer i 4got about bulbs.

Sounds like a Halogen bulb has gone. Just pull your clocks out and start your ignition, and swap the blub/s on the left side of the dash with the ones on the right, and i think you'l find that it's be the bulbs that have gone

got to a vauxhall dealer, and they'l probably charhe you something like 99p for each

Vauxhall are good on small parts like bulbs, i think they're very cheap (something like 50p for a dash bulb) just they are expensive for labour, services, repairs and big items !

General Baxter
27-09-04, 09:29 PM
Vauxhall are good on small parts like bulbs, i think they're very cheap (something like 50p for a dash bulb) just they are expensive for labour, services, repairs and big items !

that depends on where you livd ;)

nearly ?270 (i think) for an oil pressure test :lol: :roll: thats a small task

johnny27
27-09-04, 09:49 PM
I know normal dash bulbs are pence, but i think they're charging alot more for the special halogen ones. I think there was a post here not so long ago saying that one dealer was charging something like ?7.00 apeice and another charging ?3.00, has anyone ever bought the ones for the digidash?

Riggy
27-09-04, 10:48 PM

that depends on where you livd ;)

nearly ?270 (i think) for an oil pressure test :lol: :roll: thats a small task

lol can you just do a pressure test on my nova

yeah sure ?50

great its a c20xe engine in it

:o ?250 then

lol
:D

Muttly
28-09-04, 12:03 AM
I bought them when I got mine. They were ?9.50 each. I bouhgt 3 because they had to be ordered special so I got an eextra set and 1 to replace the one that was gnoe.

robb
28-09-04, 09:27 AM
Just spend a few quid on the high output LEDs, Get a better light from it then anyways.

Nick
28-09-04, 06:31 PM
nbaxter wrote:
j829nick wrote:

that depends on where you livd

nearly ?270 (i think) for an oil pressure test thats a small task

lol can you just do a pressure test on my nova

yeah sure ?50

great its a c20xe engine in it

?250 then

lol

Notice the use of SMALL PARTS, and not SMALL TASK

Yes vauxhall are a rip off for any kind of labour. For small PARTS they are pretty good. i.e a rear number plate bulb cost me about 57p. But i took it out now as there is more chance of someone being able to read my number plates in the dark ! aha

johnny27
28-09-04, 10:59 PM
do you think the high output (i take it you mean the blue ones?) leds will be brighter? will they make any difference to the colour of the dash as the light from the bulb or led is passed through coloured plastic? Thinking of that, it would look really nice with the the blue leds and the plastic filter painted blue.