PDA

View Full Version : RAGE ADAPTOR PIPE........HELP APPRECIATED!

smithy87
23-09-04, 07:53 PM
Alrite boys, jus a quick one, if I was to fit a rage backbox, would I need some sort of adaptor pipe/plate for it to come out straight :?:

If so, what bore would the pipe have to be, and does anyone on here have a rage can?

Cheers

8)

oggy
24-09-04, 01:02 AM
l right mate all u need is a bit of fleazy hose to put on the bckbox and ur center pipes, just take ur car to a local mod shop that sells fleezy hose piping and get about a foot of it ands hen just shape it to fit thats wot i done on mu nova and it looks ok, u have 2 move it some times to get it straight but u can never get them straight anyways

Paul
24-09-04, 01:06 AM
It invloves welding, and using a pipe bender.

Its like a custom exhaust, will cost you anywhere from ?30-?100, dependin on how hard the job is.

robb
24-09-04, 09:05 AM
Get a welder and make your own. A welder you will always need.

Barn
24-09-04, 01:16 PM
had this done on my Rage...

had a welder to do mine for me.

?15.

i quite like the exhaust coming out at an angle! think it looks pretty cool...
maybe its just me then...

saying that...I'm going for something abit quieter with my next Exhaust and it comes out straight...

anyway, wtf am I going on about...either get a local welding place to do it or buy the fitting kit from Rage for IIRC ?25.

:+:

~~joycey~~
24-09-04, 02:26 PM
just cut the pipe off ur standard back box and get an adaptor then weld the pipe to the adaptor and clamp it on.

its hard to exsplain just think of it as where the back box bolts on to the rest of the system cut it just be4 the box so ur left with the silencer and and a tail pipe then u just bolt the rage can onto the pipe left on the car. :roll:

smithy87
24-09-04, 05:18 PM
buy the fitting kit from Rage for IIRC ?25.

What's IIRC? part number or summit? where can i get that?

:?

Barn
24-09-04, 05:39 PM
IIRC = if I remember correctly

http://rageexhausts.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

have a look at a tailpipe and its listed as the 'universal fitting kit'.

I assume thats what you need...and its ?19.95

smithy87
24-09-04, 09:42 PM
Cheers mate, thanks for your help

8)