PDA

View Full Version : motion sensor

1389cc sri
23-09-04, 05:54 PM
had idea to fit a motion sensor to the underneath of my wing mirror. has any one fitted one before? any idea where i can get one? needs to be fairly small coz i got dtm style mirrors n there aint much room behind the mirror.

thank u plez

burgo
23-09-04, 07:16 PM
why do you want one?

sTuDeNt
23-09-04, 07:29 PM
Sorry, but what is it and is it eatable and if so what with? :oops:

burgo
23-09-04, 07:34 PM
does a motion sensor really sound appetising (spelling?) to you student

sTuDeNt
23-09-04, 10:39 PM
Not really... :lol:

But what the hell is it? What is it for?

Serge

robb
24-09-04, 08:49 AM
All it does is sense motion as the name suggests lol

It either makes or breaks a circuit, if you have one connected.

I think 1389cc sri needs to explain more as a motion sensor on it's own jammed inside a wing mirror is gonna do absolutely jackshit

Usually used for alarms, I didn't know I had one until I needed to see the gearbox code and nudged it, fu*ker went off in my ear.

parrington21
24-09-04, 02:48 PM
oh i thort a motion sencor was something that makes a BEEP if some one gets to close to your car when the alarm is on???

robb
24-09-04, 03:37 PM
I think they are called proximity sensors or movement sensors, plus unless you have good electrical knowledge and the diagrams for the alarm you will have problems wiring it in. Most alarms will just have an on or off state for the alarm in stead of three states, the middle being the half alarm, plus it gonna do nothing but piss pedestrians off.

Imagine BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP as you walk down the street, maybe flash indicators for a subtle I am here don't walk into me alarm.

Motion sensors as I know them have a tube with a contact either end, and contact on the bottom and mercury filled to just below the contact level, once it moves it will make the circuit and trigger what ever.

If you want to do something clever i suggest a different type of proximity sensor that works from a specific keyring, using it to trigger door pop or boot pop, the sensor only works in a radius of around 3cm so no hassle of it accidentally opening lol