PDA

View Full Version : New gearbox

5door_racer
23-09-04, 12:52 PM
i just got a f13cr and want to fit it to my 1.3 mk1 running the standard box. do i just remove the old box and put the new one straight on or is it more envolved than that?

Stuart
23-09-04, 01:41 PM
not sure but i dont think a F13 will be a direct fit to eh 1.3

if thts the case just get the gear cassette out (ive explined this time and again just look back at Final drive change posts) and put teh F13cr one into your existing gearbox, you may need to put the new diff in too to mack sure that you get the correct final drive in.

it may be worth your while to check your existing FD if its a 3.94 or 4.18 then fir that to the F13cr cassette ;)

enjoy

burgo
23-09-04, 07:12 PM
and you go on about my spelling cambridge

thts, teh, mack and fir ???

do you not check your posts before you post them ??

Stuart
23-09-04, 11:47 PM
accidental typos you fucking cretin, not deliberate ones, such as the prime examples you display day in, day out!

hell i type just like jsut 99% of the time but thats just down to the way the keys are laid out and the fact i try to type fast to get the long posts over and done with.

robb
24-09-04, 08:59 AM
There is no reason why the f13 wont fit to a f10 designed block, apart from the fly having more room.

Easy way to check is to find a scrappy and see if the box will fit a 1.2-1.4 block. I am sure it will though.

_JH_
24-09-04, 08:41 PM
it fits.

if it doesn't there is something wrong