PDA

View Full Version : K & N breather hose

gary_1.2Merit
23-09-04, 11:56 AM
just fitted my K&n (1.2 mk1) and the guy before had drilled a hole for the breather pipe, but it doesnt fit. i need to make the hole bigger somehow. but in the meantime ive left it hanging. what will the do ie bad things? also i thought the were suppost to be to little vacume pipes but there werent any.

Stuart
23-09-04, 12:23 PM
so you have a big hole in the bottom og the filter thats sucking in unfilterd air? classy

smithy87
23-09-04, 05:07 PM
I wondered that when I fitted mine mate, But its not a 57i kit (doesnt feed air directly into the engine) so it doesnt come with all the fancy sh*t.

My breather hose is just hanging, I've been informed it breaths OUT anyway, therefore doesnt need filtering, just needs to breath. You can get a crankcase filter if you're worried. Look at epo's feature, i THINK he has one? :?

They're not essential though.

AND, you really dont wanna leave the hole you've already drilled for it unfiltered. That'll f*ck it harder than Jordan.

Philsutton
23-09-04, 09:22 PM
i never fitted my breather hose back into the filter when i put on a bolt on k&n

sTuDeNt
24-09-04, 02:29 AM
So whats the bloody point of the breather to be connected to the air box in the first place if it breathes out??? Wiered one....
Little vacuum hose that ment to be on the original air box on my 1.2 wasnt even there when I got the car... :roll:

5door_racer
24-09-04, 02:39 AM
The breather is a pipe that comes from your crankcase. all the exhuast gasses that get past the rings comes up here. just put one of the little crankcase filters on it. you don't want your carb sucking them back down it

gary_1.2Merit
24-09-04, 08:54 AM
ok so i'll leave it hanning but i'll get one of them little k&n breather things. So how do i go about blocking the hole in the bottom of my filter, that the bloke before drilled?

robb
24-09-04, 09:13 AM
I left mine hanging down the bottom as it would be far enough away from the carb then.

Snowface
24-09-04, 11:30 AM
the reason they go back into the standard air filter is because of emissions.

gary_1.2Merit
24-09-04, 02:55 PM
So will i fail emmisions test on the MOT. will fitting a breather filter help?

robb
24-09-04, 03:39 PM
I would have thought it was for enviromental reasons not MOT.

It is basically a small exhaust that as said before directs the blow by on the rings out of the crankcasing.

If the MOT sees it then maybe but you still have the original airbox, it won't hurt for a few hours.

gaz_master
29-09-04, 08:47 PM
best fing 2 do is get ya drill and keep drilling in a circular motion until hole is big enough. or just get a file and file the hole. then stik in da breava hose and tie a tie rap on the the hose on the inside of da k&n so it waint fall out.

i dint av any of dem little pipes neva :?

robb
30-09-04, 08:51 AM
True it is possible this way, but it leaves a messy hole that may not seal properly.

An f***ing type in english, you have a keyboard not a number pad, txt addicts!!!!!!!!!

Nick
30-09-04, 01:50 PM
I tell you wot makes me laugh

txt talk is meant to be quicker, Fair enough when texting.. but

waint

That's a longer way of Spelling WONT, it's got 1 more letter !

sorry if it's just me but that made me laugh

gary_1.2Merit
30-09-04, 02:42 PM
me thinks its a typo. wont in txt talk is wnt, not waint lol

gaz_master
02-10-04, 09:28 PM
well if you don't like my english hahahaha :lol: jus 4t it wo quika hahaha