PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my wheels

Anonymous
24-10-01, 11:07 AM
http://www.roybacer.co.uk/whitewheels.jpg

the pictures a bit poor so move your head away from the monitor a bit and look at it from a longer distance...

this is what my car will look like with white wheels...

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
24-10-01, 11:25 AM
Personally, I dont like it Ged. looks more like the plastic rims that u get on 1.2 merits in the old dayz!

I prefer shiny silvery tings.

Anonymous
24-10-01, 11:36 AM
I have to agree with Sid here mate, they look lie hub caps.

Anonymous
24-10-01, 11:43 AM
Definately better in silver m8. They look plasticky, I know its cos its a doctored pic but if you imagine it in real life it looks a bit poo.

Anonymous
24-10-01, 11:59 AM
yeah...agreed

if they were 5 spokes or summit then i bet they would look really well...but because of their shape, i dont think they suit white...

Nova Community

Anonymous
24-10-01, 12:00 PM
they willl look naff they are the wrong wheels to be white !

leave them silver

x-b :)p ***********The Novaload Member Formally known As Nova91*********** :)p x-b

Anonymous
24-10-01, 12:11 PM
I like the way you ask us our opinions on everything to do with your car ged, its cool. It makes us feel like we are helping.

Anonymous
24-10-01, 01:13 PM
lol...

it's not the fact i'm insecure and need other people to make my decisions, i just need to know what peeps would think of it...

;) :D other mods i'm doin don't need opinions cos i know they'll look mighty mighty mint :p

Nova Community

Anonymous
24-10-01, 01:34 PM
Personally i wouldnt go near them, they look too much like standard hub caps just a lot larger. Different though and its completely your call! B-)

grantrees@hotmail.com

If the bird said "Its the Nova or me", would you miss her?

Anonymous
24-10-01, 02:18 PM
that car looks pretty cool mate, but not with the white wheels!!!

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(

Anonymous
24-10-01, 07:47 PM
does this mean my previos comments were spot on?? :D

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
24-10-01, 08:05 PM
well i still stick by the "i like white wheels" from prev post - but i have to agree that them wheels dont look so good white!

Leave em silver and then when u can afford it get some white ones on it :D

Anonymous
24-10-01, 09:27 PM
the nova looks v nice!- everyones right though,the wheels do not look right in white,u thought about just slamming the arse off your car,GTE skirts and keeping em silver? or move onto something late,keep them silver mate-there arent many novas riding around on those alloys anyways!-I have never seen one in the flesh!

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
24-10-01, 11:14 PM
basically all your ideas are shitte. thats the general feeling i get from the replys :D

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
24-10-01, 11:41 PM
Ged....what colour are the wheels on the inside?

I'm asking 'cos my Cav GSi alloys are white inside, and in places where the silver had rubbed off (due to getting a little too enthusiastic with the rubbing compound!), they're white.

Some alloys are primed white before being painted silver, so I'm wondering if you can gently remove the silver paint, to get back to the white primer....save re-spraying em'.......you may still have the lacquer them after to protect the paint maybe???

They would probably look better than in your pic....it's sometimes hard to get an altered pic just right.....they may look miles better in the flesh. I think it could look mint, but it looks like your car's a darker shade of red....not bright red like mine, so I'm not sure the white wheels go as well with that shade.

I've been considering doing my alloys white for ages (by removing the silver paint to get to the white paint underneath), but can't decide. They could do with re-spraying anyway to tidy them up, so it's something I can try....it if looks crap, all I have to do is re-spray them.....maybe anthracite, maybe silver...I'll see.

Anonymous
25-10-01, 09:57 AM
that red car isn't my car, it's just a car with the same sort of spec...lol

the piccies from corsaweb.co.uk (cheers joff)

i'll keep the wheels silver me thinks...

and yes bob, they are rare wheels and in my opinion, one of the best vaux 15s u can get...

cambridge, shut the fcuk up

Nova Community

Anonymous
25-10-01, 02:01 PM
So what colours your car Ged...lol...oh yeh, Flame Red...it's weird talking to you on here at the same time as talking via e-mail!

I really like the Astra GSi wheels....and yep, they're extremely rare, so something a bit different.

Anonymous
25-10-01, 09:03 PM
yeah my tigra rims went white in places when i had used to much G3rubbing compound to bring back the shine.

and them wheels really are as rare as he says

i haven never seen a set for sale in my life round this neck ov the woods

i now wait for ste to say hes had 14 sets for sale from his garage............

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
25-10-01, 10:40 PM
my mate has a set on his gsi as seen at the novaload.net santa pod meeting. They are indeed very rare!

Anonymous
26-10-01, 09:40 AM
lol @ Micky...

giess why i bought em :D yup, cos they are rare...

i got all 4 of them, with nearly new 195/50 pirelli drago's for ?200 all in...and the wheels are immaculate :D

at least i'll be one of the only one's at novaload/RB/ etc meet up's with them...sweeeeeet! ;):D

Nova Community