PDA

View Full Version : Wax Oil?

Anonymous
25-10-01, 04:27 PM
Wats the beef wid wax oil? Wid winter on it's way tit wont be long till their salting the roads and that wont do my car any good! Ive heared that u can buy it in cans which if u plug into an airline u can spray the stuff anywhere? Anyone know bout wax oil?

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
25-10-01, 04:58 PM
lmfao..."whats the beef"

never heard that one before...quality :p

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
25-10-01, 05:07 PM
gotta be bare metal its sprayed onto tho. and its very good stuff.

u got a lot of grafting to do to the underside of a nova if u wanna use it tho.

Anonymous
25-10-01, 05:12 PM
errrrrm no it doesnt have to be on bare metal.

Anonymous
25-10-01, 05:22 PM
well its gotta be sprayed on a metal with no finish already on it. ie BARE metal and you can get tins to spray with a gun and compressor.

Anonymous
25-10-01, 05:26 PM
no doesnt have to be bare metal, but probably a better idea to make sure theres no moisture. if there is, it may rust from the inside out. Better idea is to do as CP told me, use cheap motor oil, take the interior panels out and let it drip into all the grooves and cracks on the top of the arch. To prevent rust on the inside of the arch use thick grease to cover any rust spots (remove rust first)

Anonymous
25-10-01, 06:17 PM
mix dieasl and wax oil to make runny waxoil
pour into sills etc

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
25-10-01, 07:35 PM
its suggested that you prime the metal first!

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
25-10-01, 07:46 PM
It doesn't spread like oil so if you cant get complete coverage( and its difficult to do so just where you need the protection the most)it still allows rust so don't waste your money.

Anonymous
25-10-01, 10:19 PM
Bare metal or not surly sum protection is better than none? Anybody actually used it or summat as good? I can have the use ov an airline so that must make life easier surley?

Twitchin like a pigs eye!