PDA

View Full Version : LSD

Anonymous
23-10-01, 12:32 PM
How can you tell if your gearbox has got LSD or not ?

I just fitted a 2.0l 8v which I bought off my mate. He said its got an LSD box but one of my other mates says that if you put it on axle stands and turn one of the wheels, if its got LSD the other wheel will turn the same direction, not the opposite direction like it normally does, is this correct and are there any other ways of checking if the box is limited slip differential ?

Anonymous
23-10-01, 02:52 PM
Don't know about the wheel direction bit but you can find out by taking the cover off the bottom of the final drive housing and having a look. The std ones aren't machined at all, just a casting.
What sort does he say is fitted? If its Quaiffe someone will have had to grind part of the housing to get it in. Don't know about ZF

Anonymous
23-10-01, 07:55 PM
normaly the box will be walking about laffing at things which arnt even funny

it may think u are a large mushroom and become very scared ov you, there is also the chance that it wil stay in this state for aproximatly 8 hours b4 starting to look "sheepish"

enjoy ;)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
24-10-01, 01:38 AM
You've got me!!!?????:-/

Anonymous
24-10-01, 06:09 PM
boot it and see if its a bit of a bastard to steer. if it is then is more than likely has an LSD in there.

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
24-10-01, 06:13 PM
Jack the car up on the drivers side front, leaving the n/s wheel on the ground. Start the engine, put in first gear, carefully ease the power on - if the car has no lsd the drivers side wheel will spin freely with no movement from the passenger side, If your box HAS an LSD the car will want to go forward by being powered by the passenger side wheel (just be careful it dosn't fly off the jack!)

Dec

Anonymous
24-10-01, 07:36 PM
i cant belive nobody got the lsd joke

have u never lived????? :D

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
24-10-01, 10:28 PM
I got it Micky!

Ickle footer! :P

Anonymous
25-10-01, 09:49 AM
i was just about to come up with sum whitty comment...but then i saw micky's and the reaction to it...

lol...it went down like the trade towers...

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
25-10-01, 07:52 PM
Rick, I've got a quaiffe LSD fitted and when I had it jacked up so both wheels were off the ground both wheels turned the same way.