PDA

View Full Version : Poll: TYRES

Anonymous
19-10-01, 07:14 PM
We haven't had one of these for ages!
BTW, admin lads, what was the result of the Flushed Tailgate poll? (I started that ..hee hee :p)

I am buying my 17's soon (so I keep hoping) and I really wanna know what is the best tyre out there? please give reasons too.
Cheers Novaloaders!

(The shops have told me...
-Pirelli are too hard, good for wet, but not as good when dry)
-Yokohama (even the new A539) is too soft, excellent gripping ..for a short period. Easily worn.
-Hankook I remember being pants from Max Awards in 1998!
-Falken are easily worn too.
-Goodyear F1 Eagle was supposed to be a gripper.

what u recommend? (opinions on above) and add your own brands used.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
:x You'll NOVA Walk Alone :x

Anonymous
20-10-01, 03:05 PM
Falkern are shitte.

ive found that the ?19.99 tyres from slow fit are pretty good. lots of grip wet/dry and they last well. bargin :D lol

the best tyres ive ever used were Pirelli PZeros. shed loads of grip wet or dry but they are pretty expensive

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
20-10-01, 05:12 PM
i got falkens on my 17`s

and although there cheap

they dont seam to have to much tread on them allready

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
20-10-01, 05:39 PM
shit, ive got to get falkens, coz there the only company that will do tyres for less than 200 notes

:D there never gonna fit :D

Anonymous
20-10-01, 05:59 PM
Mitch sxgt
or bridgestone so2

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
20-10-01, 08:10 PM
Toyo T1-S = grippy but not cheap.
Continental conti sport = shit grip

Anonymous
21-10-01, 02:44 PM
I'm running Toyo proxes t1s's and am well happy with them, but I was used to Yoko A509 which wear smooth within 20mins when put round silverstone!

Opinions from someone I know who used Pirelli P zero's and Toyo's and he was in favour of the toyo's

Bridgestone SO2 are the new tyres that are receiving all the good reviews, expensive but must be good as Porsche,Mercedes and I think Ferarri all use them now,

Anonymous
21-10-01, 04:28 PM
Toyos are definately the best although i don't even wanna know the price for 17"/18" toyo's.

Falkens will do me. Unless anybody knows where i can get tyres for 18's for less than 135

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D

Anonymous
21-10-01, 08:38 PM
I use Hankook Ventus tyres and I'm well happy with 'em, wet or dry.
They were only ?47 each for 195-45-15's which is pretty good I recon.
They've been on for about 6K miles so far, and are showing hardly any wear, even though they seam quite a soft compound when you do the "finger-nail test".

Anonymous
22-10-01, 11:12 AM
Is the name "Sumo-Toyo's" or are they different?? (a branch of Dunlop)

Anonymous
22-10-01, 12:18 PM
when i got my car i ad yoko's on i found them good in the dry but crap in the wet. then i put pirelli p-zero's on and found them ok but i am running toyos now for the second time and i can't really fault them

Anonymous
22-10-01, 05:57 PM
Pirelli P2000's, the good old RELIABLE classic, Standard issue for Mercedes CLK too, though i think theyre usin P5000's now

grantrees@hotmail.com

If the bird said "Its the Nova or me", would you miss her?

Anonymous
23-10-01, 08:55 AM
I digged out my old copy of Max Power (I know!) Awards 1997/98... best tyre vote went to Bridgestone S-02, with Goodyear F1 extremely close in 2nd, and Michelin MXX at the time was 3rd. All others inc. Yoko's, Pirelli, Falken etc etc were very disappointing.

I think I am going to go for the Goodyear F1, it is also voted the sexiest tyre, ever!
And the fact that it is more durable too, swings it for me...
I know a few people that have it on their Skylines & M3 Evo's too, they're well happy.

Its about ?170 per tyre!!!!

Anonymous
25-10-01, 11:59 AM
WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK OF "AVON ZZ1"
its Avon's High Performance Tyre, only ?69.99 for 17's.

The reason is the company I am getting my Alloys off only do the following makes:
Avon, Yoko, Firestone, Pirelli, Michelin
and the guy reckons Avon are the most durable with best grip.

Anonymous
25-10-01, 12:14 PM
Avon are standard fitment on Rolls-Royce and LandRover ...as well as main suppliers to Formula 3, Formula Ford, Formula Vauxhall and most Rally championships across the world.

But then why dont as many people use them??
The guy at another garage said they are better than most... even Pirelli, Michelin etc

Anonymous
25-10-01, 05:08 PM
friend using them on his corsa, grips really well in the dry, never been out in the car in the wet..

Anonymous
25-10-01, 05:30 PM
The wet handling is supposed to be even better ...aquaplaning tread is real good.

They must be the best value too then at that price! 205/40/17