PDA

View Full Version : Headunit

Hesson1234
19-09-04, 11:46 AM
Can some 1 tell me how to wire a headunit into a Nova, I have the iso connector.

dan-hipgrave
19-09-04, 01:00 PM
Wasnt there a post in technical where i answered this :?

Oh well....

You need to run a fused live from your battery to the correct iso wire (red iirc) and an ignition live to the correct wire (yellow iirc)

Then run wires from the correct iso wires to each of your speakers, and if you have an amp, run the remote wire from your iso plug to your amp (blue/white).

Thats about all i can remember off the top of my head mate.

Hesson1234
19-09-04, 03:20 PM
RIGHT HERES WHAT IVE GOT SO FAR, IVE GOT THE SPEAKER WIRES SORTED,NOW I GOT THE FOLLOWING WIRES:

RED- +12V IGNITION
BLACK- EARTH
ORANGE- ILLUMINATION
BLUE- ANTENNA/REMOTE
YELLOW- +12V MEMORY

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW I PLUG THE EXISTING WIRES IN MY CAR INTO THESE?

dan-hipgrave
19-09-04, 03:25 PM
ok...

connect an ignition live wire up to the red - i.e. your cigarette lighter wire is live when ignition is on so maybe tap into that.

connect any earth wire up to the black one, or maybe make a new earth point somewhere for it - most black wires behind the dash are earths, tap into those.

orange - dunno, maybe someone else will know that one

blue - if you have an amp, then connect this up to your remote/p-cont terminal on your amp if not then leave it alone.

yellow - connect this up to a permanent live from behind the fusebox or run one straight on the battery with a fuse in the line.

Hope this sorts out any problems you may have :wink:

Hesson1234
19-09-04, 03:39 PM
SO ALL THE WIRES THAT ARE IN THE CAR ALREADY FROM WHERE THE OLD STANDARD SYSTEM USED TO BE ARE USELES?

SO I DO THIS PLUG MY AMP INTO THE BLUE/ WHITE 1

CONNECT A WIRE FROM MY BATTERY WIV A INLINE FUSE INTHE MIDDLE TO THE RED WIRE

CONNECT THE BLACK 1 TO A EARTH

YELLOW 1 TO THE CIGARRETTE LIGHTER

THERES A PLAIN BLUE 1 LEFT THAT SAYS ANTENNA/REMOTE ,DO I JUST LEAVE THAT 1?

dan-hipgrave
19-09-04, 03:42 PM
if you had a radio in there already then most of the wires should already be there mate...are they not the same colours?

If you have a blue one marked remote then that one will go to your amp as that should be the amp remote wire.

Was it a standard headunit that you previously had in there..if so haynes will tell you which colours are what, so then just connect them up to your iso wires.

Hesson1234
19-09-04, 03:48 PM
iTS JUST A CLUMP OF WIRES, I THINK SUM 1 STOLE THE STANDARD 1 (SAD PEOPLE) ITS PROBLY ON EBAY!!. THEY ARENT THE SAME COLOURS, I NO WHICH 1 IS LIVE. I THINK IT WOULD BE BEST JUST TO REDO THE HOLE THING MY WAY?? LEAST I NO THE WIRES WOULD WORK, WHAT YOU THINK?

dan-hipgrave
19-09-04, 04:08 PM
if you want to redo the whole thing then yeh go for it, but i personally would find out which wires were which and use them, it would make life a whole lot easier.

Hesson1234
19-09-04, 04:11 PM
I HAVE 2 BLUE WIRES, THIS IS THE ONLY BIT I DONT UNDERSTAND! I GOT A BLUE AND WHITE 1 LABELLED AMP REM, AND JUST A PLAIN BLUE 1 THAT SAYS ANTENNA/REMOTE, DO THEY BOTH GO TO THE AMP??

dan-hipgrave
19-09-04, 04:18 PM
no the one labelled amp rem will go to the amp

Hesson1234
19-09-04, 04:19 PM
SO HOW BOUT THE 1 WITH ANTENNA/REMOTE ON IT? LEAVE IT?

dan-hipgrave
19-09-04, 04:20 PM
well, if you didnt have the amp rem one i would have said that it went to your amp, but you have one labelled amp rem, so that one obviously goes to your amp. Try leaving it alone and see if your amp works..

Hesson1234
19-09-04, 04:25 PM
JUST LOOKED IN THE MANUAL, IT SAYS THE BLUE WIRE IS POWER AERIAL CONTROL??

dan-hipgrave
19-09-04, 04:27 PM
hmmm dont know exactly what that means, im sure someone else will correct me if im wrong but it could be a live feed for if you have an aerial that has a 12v feed to boost its signal..

Hesson1234
19-09-04, 04:29 PM
ALRIGHTY CHEERS 4 YA HELP MATE! SAVED ME ?100!

dan-hipgrave
19-09-04, 04:29 PM
s'ok :wink: