PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Mo's

Anonymous
23-10-01, 11:21 PM
Is it right that u cant use wonder wheels on white wheels, Ive got a set ov Mo's and wid all this shite weather there all manked up, Dont wanna fuck em with wonder wheels any tips?

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
24-10-01, 01:31 AM
I wouldn't use it on any wheel m8 as it is acid based and if used a lot, it will slowly take the finish off of the wheel surface.

My opinion anyway.

Just wax them with turtle wax, and this should get all of the c#?p off of them.

Anonymous
24-10-01, 01:18 PM
when u buy tsw's it comes with a note saying never to use any wheel cleaner as they are acid based. and take the finish away, they advise to use hot soapy water. - it works for me

Anonymous
24-10-01, 01:37 PM
Shi* i got tsw's on mine and gettin the same but 15's soon, the first thing i was going to do was touch em up with wonder wheels, fuc* that now, cheers novaspeed!

grantrees@hotmail.com

If the bird said "Its the Nova or me", would you miss her?

Anonymous
24-10-01, 02:03 PM
alloy cleaning cloth from halfords and hands cleaner

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
24-10-01, 05:53 PM
a V powerfull jet wash is usually good, esp if you take the wheels off and do inside too.

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
24-10-01, 07:44 PM
from a vallerters point ov view

if u regularly wahs your car and wheels then there is no need for any kind ov wheel treatment

this is the best option full stop

now your wheels i asume are baked in orange brown crap that wont budge with a sponge

stuff like wonder wheels can be used once or twice without to much harm, its when there used day in and day out that problems occur.

if u clean your car at least once a week u will have no probs with brake dust sticking to wheels (as long as u do them properlly).

using body polish to give the wheels a shine afterwards is a good idea as long as u remove ALL traces ov polish from the wheel (dont think a quick buff is good enough) Old polish + brake dust means even more cleaning next time
DO NOT USE WAX ON WHEELS

u will end up sealing in crap on the painted surface which will be a arse to take off in future (i have been there b4 and had to use cutting compound to brink back the origanl finnish).

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
24-10-01, 11:09 PM
Cheers its the first time in 3/4 months that i havent pressure washed them at least once a week and wid all this shitey weather they need a good sortin, Little bit ov wonderwheels me thinks!

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
25-10-01, 11:40 AM
I never realised wonder wheels was so bad. I'll be sure to wash my car at least every 2 weeks from now on.

Anonymous
25-10-01, 11:46 AM
When I had an RS, my wheels were diamond cut & lacquered white in the inserts ...Wonder Wheels screwed them up!!
(I didn't realise til now!)

all corroded.
Sticking to soap & hot water!