PDA

View Full Version : Honest Speaker Advice.

t0m
18-09-04, 08:27 PM
Ok, I'm unemployed and I need something (Amp + Subless) that will make my dance and Ibiza club stuff sound as good as it can on a tight budget.

I need a pair of 10cm (4") Speakers and a pair of possibly 6x9's or more likely a decent pair of 16cm or maybe 16.5cm.

I need these on a tight budget, I'm talking real tight as I can't afford to splash out right now, although I will in the future.

So please, any recommendations with model numbers and links to sites where they are would be really appreciated. I am serious about a tight budget. I know I won't get the works, I don't expect to I just don't wanna buy utter shite.

If only more places were like halfords with their cool little pushy button thing, but then, if only halfords didn't have such a poor selection and earth-shattering prices. Oh well... HELP!

epo
18-09-04, 08:29 PM
try ebay mate theres always bargins on there

t0m
18-09-04, 08:31 PM
But I don't know whats good and whats not mate, thats what I want advice for. Tried and tested sorta thing. Like I said, if only you could try the speakers online like Halfords in-shop thingy :?

I've been told all the sites etc. but I don't know what people have had experiences with and have found to be crap or whatever. I was told to stay away from Kenwood and Sony Xplod, is this true.

Help 'cos I wanna go shopping sometime this week.

epo
18-09-04, 08:39 PM
kenwood are ok by me

t0m
18-09-04, 08:40 PM
So please, any recommendations with model numbers and links to sites where they are would be really appreciated.

^^

tom_beverley
18-09-04, 10:36 PM
try www.caraudiosecurity.com, ive bought a few things off there and havent been disappionted

www.audioelectrics.co.uk is good aswell

kenwood are a good make, also try jvc, pioneer, and jbl cos they have some good cheap speakers

novaadam
16-10-04, 05:14 PM
moter world r doing jbl 6/9s for ?35 and they sound s~~t hot

epo
20-10-04, 06:34 PM
jbl 6x9's are shite
ive got some in me car need to get them changed

srs1
20-10-04, 06:40 PM
ld also try a company called pro-plus sounds (pro-plus)
they get good ratings on the sound and are quiet cheap too.
its a starting point.
also motorworld do the splx stuff for cheap.
you say you aint got the money, so accept you aint going to be able to afford the best.
either get some stuff to get you by,
or just save the cash.

J4MES
20-10-04, 07:47 PM
get a credit card!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: