PDA

View Full Version : Got my car brack from the garage. Following problems:

sTuDeNt
17-09-04, 07:09 PM
1. Top suspension mounts has gone on both front wheels! (Sounds like crap to me...) Thats where the noise is coming from.... Aparently...
2. Clatch has gone. Really, never thought of that... Yes it does make a noise when you depress clatch in nuetral, but more likely to be thrust bearing than the clatch plate... Confused, and after their clatch test it started slipping... Nice job guys!
3. Carburation is out! Well I knew that, and the point was....

I got an apointment on Tuesday with another mechanic! See what they will say! What esle needs to be replced... Probably engine and chassi! :(
Garages are full of shit these days...

Guys what you thoughts about what they said? Can it be clutch and top mounts?

Can anyone recomend me someone in Croydon area or South London... Please

Chris
17-09-04, 08:27 PM
The top mounts could cause the knocking noise that you was complaining about. To try them jack the car up and see how much play there is in the shocker, then lower the car down so the wheel is only just off the floor and check to see how much play there is top-bottom. Get someone else to wiggle it for you and you touch the top mount to see if you can feel play.

The clutch wont cause these noises.

Chris

clawsk
18-09-04, 11:53 AM
Just replace the top mounts i think there about ?30 each new, or go get some used ones. Easy job

If your clutch is slippin you will av to buy a clutch kit, u will get a bearing with that, Not a massive job to do. ?100

The noise could be somethin in the box, mine was well noisy when drivin but installed new clutch kit and it seamed to sort it out.

Hope this helps 8)