PDA

View Full Version : I've just been conned on ebay

dunova
16-09-04, 03:52 PM
I am quite retarded-Just bought a HKS style filter on ebay, they had it as 'buy now' for 0.02p-so i thought 'wow they've cocked it up when listing it so i'll grab a bargain!', but the postage turned out to be ?20 :cry:
I'm a retard, not sure what to do-i dont want it for ?20.02p :(

I think i'll email them and say i didnt realise postage was so much+cancel my purchase-so prob end up with my first negative feedback :(
FCUK!! :evil:

Alex
16-09-04, 03:57 PM
lol that was posted to catch people out and it worked lol. You could complain to ebay but im not sure how much they would listen

dunova
16-09-04, 03:59 PM
Well if they leave negative feedback i'll just reply calling them pikey, conning, crafty bas**rds!!!
I cant believe i fell for it :roll:

Chris
16-09-04, 04:19 PM
When you place a bid or 'buy it now' on ebay there is a warning saying that you are entering a contract bla bla and you have read the advert. If the postage is put in the advert then you have no come back and you should have read it first, if it isnt then you should have mailed the seller and asked about postage so really you should be more careful. Sorry

Chris

wisewood
16-09-04, 04:50 PM
It is a case of either drop out of the sale and get bad feedback, or just buy it and sell it on again.

Paul
17-09-04, 01:35 AM
Well, say to him, ill have it for ?0.02, and I will collect it.....

Or say I have a courier on route to your adress now, with 2p, please give him the parcel.

Play them at their own game.... :) :twisted:

Ben
17-09-04, 11:56 AM
EBAY rules say that it is illegal to make profit on postage and packaging, organise your own collection just to prove a point.

dunova
17-09-04, 02:51 PM
I emailed them to cancel my buy and they sent a very nice mail back saying thats fine and they hope to deal with me in the future! I think i'll leave it at that :wink:

rodgerq
17-09-04, 04:17 PM
thats the same kinda scenario with the phone links on ebay. ive seen LINKS gettin sold for over a hundred quid, probably due to people not readin the ad and thinkin they are actually bidding on the phone itself

rodgerq

mark_GSi
21-09-04, 06:48 PM
ive almost been had out with that

i went to buy a IPOD, the bloke listed it as the item was for sale but at the VERy bottom in small writting it said it was just for the LINK to buy it for 25 quid.

anyway i didnt read that far down, bid and won it, after i read it i emailed saying i was refusing to pay and would complain.

to put a complaint in it was like 20 quid for them to investigate it and you get it back or sumthing.

i thought sod it its the principle of it, so i complained they tried to contact him but he never answered so i got my 20 quid back and never got a negative :D

Stuart
21-09-04, 07:53 PM
i made a bid, turned out the carbs were mis matched so i retracted my bid with an excuse that i couldnt contact the bidder, job done lol

?Marty?
21-09-04, 07:58 PM
At an Auction it is your legal right to rescind your offer ANY time before the hammer strikes (before the completion of the sale). Some funny games can be had with that.

rodgerq
21-09-04, 08:13 PM
ebay should put a stop to that link pish. ot at least make poeple put it in bold writing that the auction is onyl for a link as they are blatantly set out to con people. another thing that get sme is the fact that people charge for the use of paypal when infact it is against the ebay rules to do this, as is making a profit from postage. i mean ive seen cds for sale with a postage price of 3 and 4 quid, lmao.

rodgerq

dan-hipgrave
21-09-04, 09:28 PM
something that annoys me that has been happening lately is people putting other cars in the title of what they are selling - i searched for nova on ebay and got a result of an xr2 bodykit because the title read - xr2 bodykit (not corsa, nova, saxo)

They just do it so their item is shown on loads of searches but it really annoys me :evil:

?Marty?
22-09-04, 08:03 PM
E-bay has turned into a LOAD of shite now. If you genuinely want to buy something you won't find it. It's full of con-artists/blaggers/grifters, and ginger students selling their virginities. Over and over.

Annyway it's better than getting conned into bum-sex at a party, so stop whining.

wisewood
22-09-04, 08:07 PM
Annyway it's better than getting conned into bum-sex at a party, so stop whining.

Are you sure? Surely it depends who the bum sex is with. If it's being conned into bumsex with a lady at a party - I am sure it would then be better than being ripped off on ebay.

Fester
22-09-04, 10:40 PM
Blaggers and students :lol:

rodgerq
22-09-04, 11:56 PM

sounds like a man speaking from experience there :o

rodgerq

?Marty?
23-09-04, 08:02 PM
If someone bummed you at a party, would you tell anyone?
I wouldn't.

And then i have started recieving party invitations.

wisewood
23-09-04, 08:09 PM
Myself and my good lady would like to invite you to a special part in Kev's spare bedroom marty :lol:

rodgerq
25-09-04, 02:41 PM
If someone bummed you at a party, would you tell anyone?
I wouldn't.

And then i have started recieving party invitations.

well i'd need to give some sort of explanation why'd i'd chopped of some guys dick and fed it to him

rodgerq

General Baxter
25-09-04, 03:15 PM
you lot seem to be going off topic over post you seem to post

but dont stop its funny :lol: