PDA

View Full Version : C20LET CONVERSION

VAUXRACER
16-09-04, 01:20 PM
Ive got a valver at the moment in my nova ive just melted a piston :cry: which to mean a sign to whack a let in there!!! 8) lol
is there anythin else i need to do to the engine bay b4 i would put a let in there? :?
i.e for the valver u had 2:
*make a resess for the alternator
*bend the clutch cable hole down towards the gearbox etc

but ive heard from ppl dunno how true that uve got to xtend the bulkhead 3inch n do this n that so could some1 actually fill me in on wat needs to be done for the let conversion!!
cause i put the valver in widout knowin bout the alternator thing which wasted time :x i cant really afford to piss about again wid the let as i have no car at the moment :( !!
cheers ppl
grant

Lee H
17-09-04, 10:26 PM
Goes in exactly the same as the valver only you have to fit the turbo after the engine is in or make a removable slam panel. The radiator also need moving forward slightly to clear the turbo. The slam panel will need cutting for the pipe that runs from the turbo to the airflow meter. It is pretty much as easy as the XE conversion as long as you are keeping the F20 gearbox on.

Lee

VAUXRACER
17-09-04, 11:06 PM
How much grief is it when u start pissin about wid the f28??also u dont have to piss about wid the bulkhead or anythin like that?couple of ppl said u need to xtend the front of the motor or is that bullshit?

General Baxter
17-09-04, 11:17 PM
well it will cost you more to have the F28 gearbox as you will need the FWD conversion + i think you need to move the mount!