PDA

View Full Version : Some questions from a newbie. :' )

Lax Power
15-09-04, 11:56 PM
First of all hello everybody. :' )

This week i bought myself a 1985 1.2 Nova Luxe for ?450, shes pretty tidy and has a mint shell, she was originally my mates first car, has gone round the block and come back again. lol

She has some modifications done already, it has had a skimmed, ported, polished and gasflowed head 1.3 head fitted with a pierburg carb, K&N, piper fast-road cams, 4-2-1 manifold, standard centre section and a cheapo peco backbox. By my mates account he has seen her rolling roaded at 90bhp but i havent seen any paperwork to back this up, i do have a couple of printouts that came with the paperwork tho which show 75bhp at 6300RPM with 71lbft of torque. The engine is solid as a rock and runs brilliantly, my mates a Vauxhall Tech. and has checked her over for me.

I havent actually passed my test yet but have bought the car ready for when i do, whilst its of the road my friend is going to be fitting an F13CR box for me and doing a top-end rebuild, she doesnt need it but we may as well! He has said to me that we may as well go the full stink and put a 1.4 sr bottom end in there or possibly 1.3, cant remember which he said. Would this be a good modification to go for with the head i have?? Also i've been looking into maybe fitting twin Delorto 40 DHLAs, has anyone any experience of these? Are they as good as the webers? Its just that theres is a guy on ebay who sells mint sets of em for like 150 quid!! What sort of performance gain can i expect?? Also the Peco backbox is getting a bit ropey, i was recommended an Ashley Motorsport full system are these any good?

Sorry to jump straight in with all these questions when i havent been a member 2 mins. lol

Thanks for taking the time to read all this guff and i hope you guys can help me out!!

Oh yeah btw how much can i expect to pay for a budget full respray if i was to do all the prep myself?? I only want it redone in base-black, nothing fancy.

Cheers,

Lax Power

burgo
16-09-04, 02:24 PM
why did you put a 1.3 on to a 1.2 and

nova_rally
16-09-04, 08:37 PM
Ashley Systems are great, but if you're buying direct from them ake sure you're prepared for a long wait and crap service! best get one from somewhere that has it in stock.

a 1.2 rolling roaded at 75BHP is pretty darn good as it is, but there aint a hope in hell of it reaching 90, you'll struggle getting an SR up to that with the mods described!

Nothing wrong with the 1300 head, got a smaller bore so the combustion chamber is only marginally larger than the 1.2, so with a skim it will be better than a 1.2.

Aragorn
16-09-04, 09:44 PM
i got mine direct and it arrived about 2 days later

Snowface
16-09-04, 10:34 PM
just the 1 piper cam or have you managed to fit 2 in there? lol.

Nice 1 on the mods.

Lax Power
16-09-04, 10:46 PM
well techincally they are "camS", a big long stick of them in a row. :P

Yeah the mods arent to bad, especially seeing as i didnt do any of them. lol Saved myself some money there. :D My little bargain she is.

(you watch she'll seize now)

Lax Power
16-09-04, 10:50 PM
So snowface, whats your experience of the 40 Dellortos like? Any good?