PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler..

Cassie-Nova
15-09-04, 10:22 PM
Just got an SR Spoiler of Ebay, long sory, didn't expect to get it....few questions,

Will it fit my Mk1? (Presuming this is a Yes!)
What the best wat to fit it? Rivet gun/self tapping??

The spoiler is blue, my car is "Mexico Red"....
Would i need to sand the spoiler down, primer it and repaint red or can i just paint/spray straight onto the blue with Red?

Any tips on ANY of the above will be GREATLY appreciated!

Cheers

Philsutton
16-09-04, 12:51 AM
mk1 an mk2 tailgates are the same so no difference in fitting it. I would sand it down a then spray it. Im asuming its the small one at the top an not the wrap around spoiler.

-tucny-
16-09-04, 02:21 PM
is it an oe one (rubber) or a fibre glass one? if its an oe one the it will have four pins stuck in it, u will have to drill ur boot acuratly to line it up, or u could just chop em off then fix it as u would the fibre glass one by drilling and fixing from the inside with about for self tappers n possibly some bonder/sealer.

To paint it u need to key the original paint 800 grit wet n dry (wet) should do it. Then apply a few coats of high build primer rubbing down between coats with approx 1000 - 1200 grit wet n dry (wet). use a colour to suit the paint (red or possibly grey). if u dnt use primer or even the right colour primer the cfinal colour wnt match.

Apply ur paint, a few coats should do it. spray it holding the can about 10 inchs away. spray it as wet as u can without the paint running. leave it about 10 - 15 mins between coats. if the finish isnt to good then flat it of with 1500 - 2000 grit wet n dry (wet) then compound it. t-cut will do, then polish - u may need to laquer it too. if its been sprayed with 2k paint before it could react with an areosol.