PDA

View Full Version : ??? serious probs what to do ???

te17@novasgonemad
14-09-04, 10:12 PM
alright boys, and girls, been on this site now since december last year when i baught me little nova but i never passed me test till may-ish so never really met anyone or put up many posts ive currently got a white 1.5td nova with a few mods up its sleeve (btw my feature is when i baught the car and replaced a few panels so highly old now) anywa i met up with denny round the corner from me and weve gone out on occasions to guilford and i am planning to turn up to the shows next year but only the other week two of my wheel bearing went so i had them all replaced casting a fair bit and then the other day my bolts snapped in the block on my engine mount the thengine is now resting basicly on the front valance.

vauhall said they can do it but they need to remove the engine ge somone into precision drill it ectand it could cost not far short of 500 quid

ive done loads to the car and the shell is now sound so wot should i do baring in mind that i have a fair bit of work done on my car myself which cant be swapped to another car all advice welcome alongside questions ,

cheers lads, rich

dan-hipgrave
14-09-04, 10:19 PM
i think that you are kinda answering your own question mate - by your wording its obvious you dont want to get rid of it, so start saving..

te17@novasgonemad
14-09-04, 10:30 PM
right but what ive been told by the boys at vauxhalls is that the driller will use an easy out on the bolts( but if this snaps then thats it game over, so would i then be able to change the tank and fuel lines loom and finally replace the mounts with the ones for a petrol engine say to stick ina 2l 16v ? bit of a long shot but dont want to lose the shell even if it took a year to convert id do it as it wud be a wast of a near perfect shell

Chris
14-09-04, 11:57 PM
if the bolt has snapped and a bit is still sticking out then you could try welding a bit of steel on to it then removing it by turning with the welded on steel. Make sure everything is clean though, maybe put a bit of grease on the block around the bolt (to make it hard to weld to incase you slip). Hope this helps

Chris

Philsutton
15-09-04, 12:58 AM
for what they want 500 you might as well pick up another engine an fit it will work out cheaper. If you want to stay with the diesel could try a 1.7td. Or like chris says if there is something sticking out try welding to it an turning it out that way.
if you wanted to go for a 2lt 16v and you did all the work yourself then for little over 500 you might as well do that

te17@novasgonemad
15-09-04, 06:10 PM
how would i go about fitting a 1.7td ?? would i need to change drive shaft ect or not

chers for the comments lads its giving me lots of options

Philsutton
16-09-04, 12:37 AM
the corsa came with the 1.7td an so did cavs not sure about astras, but it'll be a straight swap. Use your nova shafts and mounts and it'll go in.

Aragorn
16-09-04, 09:36 PM
take it to a small engineering firm and ask them

gary_1.2Merit
17-09-04, 11:46 AM
i wouldnt go for a 2l 16v if your 17 and onli just passed your test, coz you would never get insurance on it!!

Philsutton
17-09-04, 01:33 PM
bet you could get insurnace on it, just a case of looking round wont be cheap like. Its more to do with the fact that you will kill yourself if you go straight to a 2lt

Ste_Nova
17-09-04, 02:42 PM
just remove all the mount etc.. and the spacers.. there should be bolt that you can get mole grips onto... i did this a couple of years ago on a nova td