PDA

View Full Version : Where to put...

Cassie-Nova
14-09-04, 09:34 PM
Now I know this isn't the ICE forum but i thought that this is more of astyling question than an ICE question....

Where can i put speakers?

I have 6x9's on the parcel shelf. The car is a 1986 C Reg and didn't even come with a factory radio so no speakers other than those in the back that ive fitted...was thinking maybe 5" speakers????

But where in the front? The doors look very thin and im unsure whether or not i'd be able to fit any there, with the window coming down etc....I have a few ideas but want to see what other ppl have done or think would be good!

Thanks

General Baxter
14-09-04, 09:42 PM
mk1 or mk2 dash?

you should still have the factory front speakers but there really really shite

Cassie-Nova
14-09-04, 09:56 PM
Mk1 mate....

you should still have the factory front speakers but there really really s**t

It has had no sound system from factory mate....as in i had a coin slot where the hu would be....no wires behind, had to buy an iso connector and wire it all up myself.....no radio, no speakers - nothing.....

-tucny-
14-09-04, 10:02 PM
i take it u havent got electric windows then? so u cant fit em in the bottom corner of the door without the winder handles getting in the way. u could get some pods to put em in though. or just some tweeters at the front to even the high notes out a bit, u could stick em anywhere t.hen

dan-hipgrave
14-09-04, 10:03 PM
i have 6x9's on the parcel shelf and 6.5" speakers in the doorcards.

Getting to the speakers in the mk1 dash is a right pain in the arse...so its probably best not to bother with putting speakers in there.

epo
15-09-04, 07:06 PM
your uncle epo has fitted speakers into the front of his heres some pics so you can get an idea where to put em
mine are 5 or 6" cant rememeber

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/epo_sri/speaker_pics_002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/epo_sri/speaker_pics_003.jpg

tom_beverley
15-09-04, 09:35 PM
if u have some money why not buy some door pods from quad conversions so they wont interfere with the window winders? Or jus do wot epo has done and fit leccy windows?

epo
15-09-04, 10:01 PM
if u have some money why not buy some door pods from quad conversions so they wont interfere with the window winders? Or jus do wot epo has done and fit leccy windows?

came as standard :lol:

Mike.
15-09-04, 11:01 PM
wish i had electric windows :cry: but i could always buy some lol. most people mount the speakers in the coner of the door cards

tom_beverley
16-09-04, 10:08 PM
tom_beverley wrote:

came as standard [quote]

lol i meant fit leccy windows and then cut holes in the doorcards like you mate, soz i was a bit vague there :lol:

epo
17-09-04, 06:58 PM
i know what you ment mate :lol: :wink:

Chris
17-09-04, 08:50 PM
I made some nice alloy rear cards and mounted some 6x9's on them in some plastic pods. Worked really well but they made it a bit more cramped for the people in the back, but i didnt sit in the back so wasnt bothered

Chris

Cassie-Nova
20-09-04, 12:09 AM
Chris, you got a piccy of them door cards you had in the back pelase mate?

Cheers

General Baxter
20-09-04, 12:21 AM
has anybody got a photo of them quad conversions speaker pods fitted in the car?