PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Starvation after bends

Dar
14-09-04, 12:07 PM
Hi,

My Nova is mainly used for trackdays/testdays at the mo and im finding that unless I have over half a tank of fuel it suffers from fuel starvation after a tight bend. I know that this is due to the fuel getting pushed to one side of the tank and therefore away from where the fuel pump sucks it out. What I don't know is if there is a fix out there for this?? Apart from going out with over half a tank of fuel :wink:

Any help would be much apprciated.

Stuart
14-09-04, 12:17 PM
baffle the tank.

fuel tank foam

maybe a 2nd fuel pick up from the other side and feed that to the pump.

umm a fuel cell etc lol

Dar
14-09-04, 12:32 PM
Thanks. Fuel tank foam looks like the way to go.

robb
14-09-04, 01:12 PM
Are you using the injection tank (GTE GSi)?

If not they have as you probably know a swirl pot inside, I haven't had any fuel problems but I don't know what you are running.

Ben
14-09-04, 02:52 PM
Are you using the injection tank (GTE GSi)?

If not they have as you probably know a swirl pot inside, I haven't had any fuel problems but I don't know what you are running.

This is the usual problem but looks like you have a GTE anyhow so go with Stu's theory.

Stuart
14-09-04, 03:22 PM
*bows* ah fankoo

robb
14-09-04, 03:25 PM
There was a fuel cell for sale not so long ago, they look better than the spare wheel and will save weight too.

On the subject of GTE/GSi tanks is there a large amount under the pickup as the pipe (as i have taken it out to check for bits and blocked filters) under the pickup which goes in under and into the swirl pot about 5cm above the base of the tank? I take it this is the spare bit that prevents it from fuel starvation.