PDA

View Full Version : Cavs... the way forwards !

Nick
13-09-04, 11:19 PM
Getting a little tired with mynova now (not selling it tho ! love it 2 bits) n i noticed alot of cavs r popping up (must be about 20-30 near where i live) jst wondering if anyone has any advice on Buying a Cavvy ?

Wot models r best 2 go for !?

Any black spots to look out for !?

thinking of getting one for a yr to razz around in ! pimp it up lol ! :lol:

(i know this is a NOVALOAD and Not CAVLOAD, but it's still a vauxhall ! )

ohh p.s

forgot to mention that in the meantime id finsih the nova off and probably swap engines next summer... so it'd be a 2.0 8v or 16v, i don't have a clue about wot models the engines come in e.t.c + the cars gotta be good for a yr !

dunova
14-09-04, 07:58 AM
Firtsly, have you checked out insurance on a cav? Because they are often expensive to insure due to them being easily nicked and used for ram-raids or joy riding :!:
As for black spots i'm not really sure but i know the rear arch's on cavs love to rot as much as nova's.
What model? Well its got to be a gsi 2000 :D

-Bruce-
14-09-04, 11:18 AM
well your better getting a nice mk2 cav. they are the best 8)

but you will probably be looking for a mk3, the earlyer ones did rust alot on the rear arches. but the later ones like after 91 or something were galvanisied so much better.

nornmal ones eg 1.6 and 1.8 etc have horid suspention set ups and handle like boats!! the sri's were better with good engines better with the sri 16v that is a red top and will go well. but the best one is the gsi different suspention independent rear etc!! GSi's cav is so smart in white would be the best ever!!

bruce