PDA

View Full Version : Full Service

sTuDeNt
13-09-04, 10:06 PM
When doing so is it a good idea to flush engine first before putting new oil and coolant etc in? The other thing is when I change coolant how do I make sure i dont get air pockets in the engine? Well bad... :)

Chris
13-09-04, 10:29 PM
some people will say its a good idea to flush the engine out and other will say not to. As for filling the water up, fill the system up and start the engine with the expansion cap removed, keep filling until the level in the bottle settles down
Chris

robb
14-09-04, 09:08 AM
If you are using the manifold I sent you there is a thermo thing on the left hand side of it whilst looking directly down at it, undo this put a hose in and put the thermo thing back in when it comes out of there, also leave the cap off for a bit as Chris said.

sTuDeNt
14-09-04, 09:12 AM
Sorry, put the hose in it for what? :oops: A bit confused! :)

robb
14-09-04, 10:14 AM
For the water to come out from.

into the expansion bottle on the right of bay.

The temp thermo thing is 13mm too, (it's the one for dash guage).

novaboy1981
14-09-04, 08:21 PM
i went for an engine flush when i did mine as i thought it would make sense to clean everything out while i was in there.
as for refilling coolant robb said pretty much as haynes says....the reason for taking out the temp thing is to make sure no air is trapped in the system.
once the coolant comes out that hole, put the temp thing back in and then keep filling til the 'kalt' level on the header tank and squeeze one of the tubes just to make sure no air is trapped before replacing the cap.

andy

burgo
14-09-04, 08:28 PM
i used oil system flush on the 3 door but it shifted so much shit down to the sump that it blocked the pick up pipe which in turn knackered the engine, hence why the 1.4 is going in it. so just make sure your careful really.

sTuDeNt
14-09-04, 09:32 PM
Well the engine done just above 34k so I hope there is not too much crap there! And if I look fter it (flush regularly) it should be nice! :)