PDA

View Full Version : VX220???

Anonymous
17-10-01, 11:13 PM
How do Vaux get away with this ad under the trade description act??
.."The Vectra SRi isn't just one of the most practical cars on the road, its also one of the most powerful. After all it has the same engine as the VX220, a potent 2.2l power house that delivers awesome performance."..

147 poxy hp from 2198cc 16 valve state of the art engine???
I can't help thinking that they've lost the plot here. OK that hp fig. brings it in line with the Elise and OK emission regs. are being ever tightened but why in an out and out performance car bang in something over 2.0l and then proceed to strangle it down to a weedy 147bhp??? Imagine how far the RS marque and Cosworth engineering would have got if they had adopted the same approach with Cossie Sierra!x-(

Anonymous
17-10-01, 11:31 PM
Its also uses very little petrol and is one of the smoothest four cylinder units I've ever driven.

Anonymous
18-10-01, 08:28 AM
maybe it is compared to all the poverty spec cars that run round with 1.0s in them?

ps you seen the new zafira? they've dropped the astra coupe turbo engine in it and selling it as a zafira gsi lol

Anonymous
18-10-01, 10:39 AM
Lol yeah it looked ok. Leather seats and a nice bodykit and its the Zafira GSi Turbo lol.
Mingle

Don't believe anything i say!!!!!

Anonymous
18-10-01, 03:13 PM
i've been in one of them zafira's...absolute luxury...gorgeous cars...i'm not into the look of them but still, very nice interiors/design

lots of room, excellent cars for long distances etc

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
18-10-01, 05:46 PM
There is a turbo version on the way but it should have been launched with it as an option as the very least from the start.