PDA

View Full Version : Removing the drivers side wing

DEATHCAT
13-09-04, 12:25 AM
hi i need to access the arial mount because when i brought the car the arial had been broke off and is now rusty as hell

so how would i get the wing off without cutting and/or welding ?

thx in advance

burgo
13-09-04, 12:40 AM
yes mate just un bolts, theres the ones along the top which u can get to by lifting the bonnet, one at the bottom on the sill (usually hidden wiv underseal), and two on the front at the bottom these are always rusted tho so have fun.

dunova
13-09-04, 07:56 AM
There's 2 you can only get to from inside aswell-down by the drivers footwell. It may only be mk2's though?

burgo
13-09-04, 02:22 PM
oh yeah i forgot bout them and they on mk1's aswell

Mel
13-09-04, 02:59 PM
i had trouble removing the wing on my mk1 GTE. I had to remove the bumper to get the wing to unhook from it..

inside the front wheel arch, you can see two screws..i undid them to give me the extra space i needed to yank the wing off.

Al Wilson
13-09-04, 04:43 PM
Some are bonded as well so you made need to put a knife through the putty to release it, usually around the top of the wing inbetween the wing itself and the bottom of the A-piller.

burgo
14-09-04, 01:54 AM
gd point mel but i found if u wiggle it enough it comes off without havin to realease the bumper, which is good as the bumper bolts are always bastids