PDA

View Full Version : Tracking after suspesion set up!?

sTuDeNt
12-09-04, 11:44 PM
Do you need to adjust tracking after fitting new suspension?

Cheers!

Chris
12-09-04, 11:48 PM
you shouldnt need to but why not go for a free check, and look at the figures yourself to see if it is out so they dont skank you. Ask them what the reading are and what it means, the should expain. Usually dependant on how much you have lowered it you should look at camber adjustment to avoid harsh tyre wear.

Chris

sTuDeNt
13-09-04, 12:00 AM
Sorry, what is camber adjustment? :oops:

Chris
13-09-04, 12:08 AM
camber adjustment is altering the angle (lean) of the wheel. Ideally your wheels should be vertical, but if it is lowered then the may look like / \ . This causes the tyres to wear on the insides, called negative camber. Positive is \ / . For best handling a slight amount of negative camber should be setup. There is a guide on here in the how-to section on how to adjust it roughly, but if you want precision (sp?) then camber adjustment kits can be bought then get it setup by a pro

Chris

Jim
13-09-04, 06:32 PM
If the susspension has been recently installed, it might be best to give it a few weeks before you get the tracking and camber adjusted. The susspension should settle after a while, and your car will drop a little bit more (this will vary on the susspension manufacturer).

I got my tracking and camber sorted when i fitted new suspension. If you aren't sure what tracking is, dont worry about it. Just take it to a respectable garage and say you want your tracking and camber checked/adjusted as you've just lowered the car.

Jim