PDA

View Full Version : Grasstracking nova

Anonymous
17-10-01, 08:59 PM
a mate of mine has bought a clapped out nova and is gonna race it but what we need to know is rules & regulations in this area i know some of you have done it before so any advice would be great (what can you modify that would be legal) any website you know of

cheers all :D

Anonymous
17-10-01, 10:12 PM
sorry cant help u with ur question, but are you go'n to the redcar cruise (next saturday i think)??

Anonymous
17-10-01, 10:38 PM
If all else fails, try Peter Baldwin on 01223 207217. He doesn't do it but he has got a M8 who builds Novas for it. Otherwise Car& Car Conversions on 02087740946 maybe???

Anonymous
18-10-01, 08:29 AM
ste used to do it.

and he still drives like that on the roads!

Anonymous
18-10-01, 02:47 PM
full strip out
battery inside (front pass floor or behind pass seat) (plastic tray ontop of it to catch acid if u roll)
doors/boot welded shut (pass door cut down in height to get in and out)
bonnet tied down (remove std lock cause it jams)
rad in the back with switched fan (use yellow gas pipe to extend piping)
wiring = just coil, fan and starter and put coil on bulkhead use mk1 rear wiper switch mounted in mk1 center console for ignition and start and a std switch for the fan
leave sunvisors in
mesh front window (depends on track)
front and rear home made strutbraces
cage (either buy one or make one from scaff bars)(ensure good upright with large pads bolted through roof/floor behind driver)
3/4 point harness
fire extingisher used as fuel tank (must be secure to cage and in center of car (rear seat area)

and a few other things but i forget

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
18-10-01, 03:34 PM
check the MSA blue book for the regs :D

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands