PDA

View Full Version : interior nightmare

Marc
12-09-04, 03:49 PM
ive recently desided on sprayin bits on my dash in my mk1 nova. the problem is bits dont seem to com off as easily as the mk2.
so if any has pics of there mk1 interior thats got bits sprayed. wud be glad 2 c them.

also how hard is a dash conversion?

scottn
12-09-04, 05:57 PM
once the steering wheels off, it took me about 1 hour to fit the mk2, using the mk1 lights switch and not bothering with the heaters (i`ll do them another day).

you`ll learn alot if you take the mk2 dash out of the mk2, instead of getting one thats allready out.

dan-hipgrave
12-09-04, 05:59 PM
dash conversion isnt hard at all mate. Its basically matching the wires colour for colour, and taking your time with it to ensure a good job.

There are a few good guides on the net that i followed and they make the job easy - the hardest part for me during the whole conversion was getting the damn steering wheel off :)

epo
12-09-04, 08:28 PM
ive sprayed me mk2 dash bits mate
which i know doesnt help you

but from what i can rember spray bits like glove box
heater switches light switch
el window switch housing or window winders
centre console
the black plastic trim where the mirrors are

coat\grab handles
am in the process of doing me mirror

inside
A, B and C covers
parcel shel supports
just look for bits which come lose

hope that helps :wink:

Mel
13-09-04, 02:57 PM
lol, i was just about to say that he wasnt asking about a conversion of dashes, just the sparaying, until i saw Epo's post :lol:

There is a pic of one i have seen, i will try to drag it out for you.

novaexplod
16-09-04, 06:52 PM
i reckon u shud swap dashes. The mk1 looks 2 antique.

joeontherun
21-10-04, 03:16 AM
try using like leather die very durable and takes alot of knocks and sun glare plus its wipe on kinda saves you from tapeing the inside up you can just wipe it on the dash my dad's a trimmer hes done a few car's they still look great to this day.

me my self iv helped my dad do a few cars guy wanted his porche done in blue like his seats whent on great and when this stuff driyes its great easy clean and keeps the dash look

parrington21
21-10-04, 04:17 PM
i have just put a new mk2 dash that i got all sprayed nice and shiney and blue and the hardest bit also was getting the bloody steering wheele off, bloody things!!

Marc
22-10-04, 11:41 AM
woudl ratehr it be a bitch to get off then drive down the road n hav the wheel com off in me hand, wot a fukin shit up that wud be lol