PDA

View Full Version : Help needed after butchering my dash

Anonymous
17-10-01, 09:52 AM
how the fooooook in hell do u remove the standard mk2 VAUXHALL shitty stereo?

last night, i removed the 4 little allen key bolts in eac corner of the facia, stuck sumwire down there...and thought...nice one! it should just pop out...!

but no...it was stuck like a bastid...

i smashed up the facia of the stereo, got a fuck off fair of pliers and grabbed the stereo and pulle half of it's internals out...but still the fooker wont budge...

i've rammed screwdrivers down all sides of it trying to lever it out...it still wont come out!

i've bent the black panel of the dash below where the stereo is...i've also removed this to see if i can get at it from underneath...but nope, still wont budge...how the fok is it kept in?

this should have gone in the ICE forum, but nobody looks there and i have to sort this ASAP as there's loads of wires hanging out my dash and i have a half ripped out stereo all over my interior...

any help would be appreciated lads and lasses...

Ged

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
17-10-01, 11:34 AM
there may be a screw holding it in at the back of the stereo, take the vents off underneath the stereo and see if you can get to it that way or try going infrom the side by taking the glovebox out!! I had to do this to remove the one that was in my car, cos it had a screw holding it in.

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(

Anonymous
17-10-01, 12:49 PM
remove pass side lower shelf and stick ur head underneath

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
17-10-01, 12:51 PM
yes jk is right the is a little bold behind the head unit which is well hard to get to you have to take half you dash a part

you can just reach behind i think and use a hack saw blade to cut the bolt

x-b :)p ***********The Novaload Member Formally known As Nova91*********** :)p x-b

Anonymous
17-10-01, 12:57 PM
cheers ladies :D ;)

Nova Community

Anonymous
18-10-01, 11:34 AM
use xtreme force and a big hammer!!! :D
or just listen to stev!
:D

"Ill do anything to help aslong as it aint a saxo"

Anonymous
18-10-01, 02:54 PM
hammer, pliers, etc i've used them all...

i broke 2 screwdivers and fucked the black plastic bit below my stereo

not good! i'm gonna sort it this weekend...

Nova Community