PDA

View Full Version : Back seats.

Matt GTE
11-09-04, 07:24 PM
I'm about to collect a SRi interior to replace my seriously manky Merit interior, only problem is the SRi backseat is a 60/40 split and my Merit has a one piece jobbie. I'm guessing it isn't going to go straight in so are there any bits I need to acquire on my next scrappy visit?

Thanks,
Matt.

benji
11-09-04, 07:48 PM
yes

eggy
11-09-04, 10:14 PM
Got the same problem, picked up a GTE interior to put in my merit today.
going to go to my local friendly vauxhall dealer on Monday to see if the parts are still availiable to locate the pivots in the split on the back part of the seat. But as far as I can see the brackets for the seat bases if you cant get them from vauxhall , will have to be fabricated and welded in place

Matt GTE
11-09-04, 10:21 PM
Thanks for that, was pretty much what I was thinking. Going on a scrappy run tomorrow morning so I'll see what I can dig up, let me know how you get on at the Vaux dealers though if it's no trouble.

eggy
11-09-04, 10:38 PM
Will do, have got a copy of the vauxhall epc so have got the part numbers so they should be able put there brains together and order the right bits. From what I can make out you will need to drill and tap a M8 hole for the pivot mount , just a matter of lining it all up and remembering that the petrol tank is right underneath so dont go to mad with the drill

geordie_racer
12-09-04, 10:30 AM
when i did mine i just used a hammer and chisel to remove the bracket in the scrappy its only tacked on so comes away nice and easy then i drilled the right holes and used a nut and bolt for each hole job done

chris

Matt GTE
12-09-04, 12:51 PM
Cool, thanks Chris. Didn't make the scrappy this morning, was having issues with the Cav (read it won't start :evil: ) so will have to wait till next weekend now.

robb
13-09-04, 09:40 AM
The tank sits mm away from that area!

I suggest you drop the tank and weld them in place, it is only a few tacks to hold it.

benji
13-09-04, 05:09 PM
i riveted mine down

Matt Nova
13-09-04, 05:24 PM
they go in without any mods my SR/sri interior did, they do wobble abit mind :o

geordie_racer
13-09-04, 07:02 PM
yep and because it's loose if picked up on it's an mot failure thats why we put the bracket in. i drilled mine with the tank in place but havin said that i use drills everyday so im quite tidy with one

chris

Matt Nova
13-09-04, 10:56 PM
If you took the seats out would it pass the MOT? it must be able to if people pass with just 2 fronts. Whats the bracket look like?

robb
14-09-04, 09:05 AM
Yeah I think the MOT rule is if there's seats there must be working seatbelts but if there aren't then they can't test them. So if it fails take them out or put the bracket in.

I have never actually seen a nova without the brackets apart from mine where one was cut out, I had the middle ones though an its a 1.2 flair.

benji
14-09-04, 06:22 PM
mine had no rear belt's, it never came with any.

Stanley
14-09-04, 09:19 PM
i got sri front and rear seats and jst chucked em in.

suure they wobble and rattle but its errrr a characteristic!! lol

i dont have to sit in the back so it dont bother me!

Matt GTE
22-09-04, 07:40 PM
Managed to get down to the scrappy last weekend armed with a hammer and chisel and found a suitable victim... brackets weren't coming off for love nor money though :evil: so I'm kinda stumped now.

burgo
22-09-04, 07:58 PM
get a battery drill and take that down and drill the spot welds out

~~joycey~~
24-09-04, 02:46 PM
my sri back seats just wobble about :lol:

Gunzi
24-09-04, 04:55 PM
lighter = quicker without the back seats in!