PDA

View Full Version : Reset my ecu uh-oh

Matt Nova
11-09-04, 05:57 PM
As told I disconnected my battery for hours then drove it and instead of improving it, it made things worse now the car won't start and if it does it idles shite and runs crap.

I've been told to put my CAT back in to help boost back pressure again but will this stop it running shite? BTW its a full ashley on a 1.2i

epo
11-09-04, 06:02 PM
have you tried the ecu fault code tecnique
theres a guide on top buzz

its a mater of umplugging your ecu bridging two pins with a paper clip then reading the flashes on your engine manage ment light and seeing which code error it has

http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/

nova_172
11-09-04, 07:20 PM
try an get a fault code and get bk 2 us, r u sure you havent kncked anything off like an electrical connector or that your lambda sensor is still connected.

Matt Nova
12-09-04, 10:39 AM
I'm gunna have another look today, but theres a garage near me that does fault code diagnosic etc. Is it to do with my CAT being removed or has something else being damaged?

cheers lads

geordie_racer
12-09-04, 10:47 AM
it's definatley not 2 do with the cat as long as you still have the lamda probe connected to ur new manifold.

don't go to a diagnostic centre theres no need just grab a paper clip then follow the guide on topbuzz and post the fault code up here

sounds to me like there might be an air leak somewhere have u had the airbox off recently? or have u checked for split hoses anywhere?

chris

Matt Nova
12-09-04, 11:17 AM
I'll check for air leak when I get chance, i've got a corsa airbox with a induction kit that hasn't changed.

nova_172
12-09-04, 03:15 PM
i dont know why its giving you so much trouble mine was fine, but the 1.2i's are very annoyin, on mine wen i do some work on it something else seems 2 break. get the fault codes ive had 2 do it 2 mine a few times.

Matt Nova
12-09-04, 10:55 PM
Had a look and it turns over but it dosen't spark, so gunna get new leads and sparks 2moro me thinks and start from there

geordie_racer
13-09-04, 07:28 PM
id be checking the wiring first mate especially the earths before shellin out 4 new leads and plugs have you tried swappin the leads around to check if it's a dodgy lead or doin the same with the plugs? if your not gettin spark i reckon it'll b a dodgy connection somewhere

chris

nova_172
13-09-04, 08:41 PM
i have this with mine every now and then when i do something, the spark plugs stop workin, it does it quite alot i just have 2 sets i keep on swappin over, try lookin at your map sensor hose, mine broke and caused crap runnin and poor starting.

Matt Nova
13-09-04, 10:54 PM
i have this with mine every now and then when i do something, the spark plugs stop workin, it does it quite alot i just have 2 sets i keep on swappin over, try lookin at your map sensor hose, mine broke and caused crap runnin and poor starting.

which is the map sensor hose mate? u got a pic?