PDA

View Full Version : D'oh!!!

novaboy1981
10-09-04, 08:09 PM
well i nominate myself as dick of the day!
went to work this morning in the fog so had my headlights on, only i forgot to turn them off once i got there! :oops:
result: one seriously flat battery and no way in as ive de-locked the bugger and the alarm had stopped working!
i had to break in (surprisingly easily!), disconnect the alarm so the ignition would work and then get some jump leads cos bumping it wouldnt work!
sooooo, if anybody has a lights warning buzzer going spare then give me a shout!

andy

epo
10-09-04, 08:33 PM
i had a habbit of leaving the interior light on in the mornings mate when it was dark so your not alone :oops: :lol:
falltened the battery a couple of times but mine not delocked so nat as bad as yours

why dont you try the scrappers get one out of a nova or astra

Mel
10-09-04, 09:04 PM
LOL..i've done this a few times, but thank god my buzzer works. makes a hell of a noise, but i wouldnt be without it :lol:

i'd say same as epo..check out scrappers, as theres loads of nova's knocking about in them :)

Adam
10-09-04, 09:14 PM
MK3 astras have the buzzer as mine has one.
Its an easy mistake to make mate, my mates dad went to an airshow and left his car radio on all day, 9hours, and at the end turned the key :roll:
nothing.
Ended up walking to a car shop to get jump leads and getting a jump start off a transit van :lol:

epo
10-09-04, 09:35 PM
lol i just use the good old AA :lol:

m.d.
10-09-04, 11:37 PM
soooo easy to brake into a nova, lol

i left my lights on the other day and the batt was soo flat even the alarm would not open the doos or even sound. got in through the boot and the thing would not even turn the electric fuel pump. lol