PDA

View Full Version : 1st Yorkshire PNG meet

Anonymous
15-10-01, 09:22 AM
Well well well what a turn up. The organisers Carl and Co did a very good job. There was a large turnout of about 15-20 Novas, 5 Corsas, and a couple of miscellaneous heaps also turned up. There were some very nice Novas around including Carls (the regional co-ordinator) 2L 16v Gsi which has just come back from being painted and looks mint, its now up for sale @ ?4500 which is a bargain in my opinion. There were also several novas with mods ive never seen b4 the majority of which looked sweet. It was nice to c sum originality instead of the usual standard nova mods. Due to the sheer number of people there i cant remember many names as im crap like that, but i met lots of nice enthusiastic people. It was a pleasure. Even my girlfriend enjoyed it-falling in love with a cou[ple of cars there, when usually just mentioning the word nova pisses her off.
I will definately be attending the next meet which is the 2nd sunday in Nov at the same place (Old cornmill-J25 off m62, head towards huddersfield). Incidently did any other novaload peeps manage to make it as i didnt bump into anyone else. I advise all yorkshire peeeps to pull their finger out next time as all are welcome PNG mebers or not ;)

Anonymous
15-10-01, 06:36 PM
Me and my brother Mike C also turned up but we had to go early. You might have seen our nova with batsport bumper and 16" softstars. What car were you in?
Definately off to second meeting, nice to see a wide variety of Novas at different stages of modifications. We have some big plans for this month. Hope to see you at next meeting.
Daz

Anonymous
16-10-01, 09:14 AM
Was yours the red one with the batsport bumper?? If so i saw your car but didnt know who u were. Mine was the white J plate 1.2i bang in the middle of the long line of novas that were parked up. Looks standard apart from Gsi spoiler, astra sport 15" 6 spokes, and PPM zorst with squared oval tailpipe. It also has novaload.co.uk rear side window stickers. I had to leave early too, i left at about 2.30 u probably saw me and my bird leave. I'll look out 4 u at the next one.
T. ;)

Anonymous
16-10-01, 03:48 PM
What happened to Lee (GSiboy), is he not doing to PNG stuff anymore?

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(

Anonymous
16-10-01, 03:55 PM
Yep, ours is flame red nova, looking forward to next meet, see ya there.

Mike C

Anonymous
16-10-01, 07:22 PM
I couldn't make it unfortunately, but I'll definitely see you there next time ;)

Sounds like it was a good meet.....pity I missed it :(

I'll bring a couple of other Novas with me...driven by mates of course...it's a bit hard to drive three cars in one go :D

By the next meet, I should have got quite a bit more done to the car...weather permitting.

Anonymous
17-10-01, 09:09 AM
I havnt heard anything about Gsi boy for ages. His stint as regional coordinator lasted 1 meet which had a v poor turnout. Shortly after that he decided to sell his nova, and was never heard from again.

Anonymous
17-10-01, 09:32 AM
hmmm the mystery deepens!!!
Where is GSiboy?!?!?! maybe he has gone into hiding after admitting to selling his nova!!

Garages sticking to their promises???? not likely!!! :(