PDA

View Full Version : gsi front

xX NoVaBoY Xx
10-09-04, 01:03 AM
Do gsi front bumpers fit mk1s??and if they do, do they line up perfectly???

dan-hipgrave
10-09-04, 01:11 PM
yeh they do fit onto mk1 front ends, i think extra drilling is required into the wings though....

There is the guide on www.topbuzz.co.uk look under modifications, that will tell you all you need to know.

Nova691
10-09-04, 07:53 PM
I fitted MK2 GSi bumpers on my MK1. At first i kept my MK1 wings but diddnt quite like the result, the bumper didnt go round the wings right, so i changed to MK2 wings. The bumper fits loads better now.

Only problem with changing the wings is that you will need MK2 headlights and indicators and MK2 carriage bar for the bumper (slightly different to a MK1)

dan-hipgrave
10-09-04, 07:57 PM
yeh and at that point you have done a full mk2 front end conversion...which can be pretty costly.

I think that the mk1 on the topbuzz website with the GSI front bumper looks pretty good, and i would consider it myself, but each to their own..

Mike.
10-09-04, 11:41 PM
quite a lot of people have tried to make there mk1s different by fiting GSI bumpers i think it all depends on how there fitted really. some people would fit there bumpers differently to what other people do and that can depend on how the bumpwer looks at the end of the day

i personally think they can look ok

Mel
11-09-04, 01:26 PM
yeh and at that point you have done a full mk2 front end conversion...which can be pretty costly.

not to mention a ruin to the mk1 look :wink:

dpnova has a smooth GSi bumper on the back of this GTE (iirc), which does suit the mk1 nicely. :wink:

CP has the GTE bumper on his mk2, and it does look very nice indeed, so im sure that the GSi bumper will look just as good..with the time/effort, anythings possible :)