PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Line... Tipical...

sTuDeNt
09-09-04, 08:36 PM
Just decided to put fuel filter on the fuel line just before pump... Well all sort of fine, but... Being tipical of me I cut the line fit the fuel filter and when I got down to fixing the hosing back I realise that the filter is too big and the hose bends too much and restricts the fuel flow! :oops: I need longer hose... I tried catting section off but no luck still bends too much! :( Now exhaust now spitting like crazy, put your hand there and its wet in no time! Whats that liquid? Is that bad?
:?

sTuDeNt
09-09-04, 08:40 PM
Can I use any rubber hose to replase the short one or not?

robb
10-09-04, 09:44 AM
You will need proper fuel pipe, any other usually breaks down and goes gooey!

dunova
10-09-04, 09:47 AM
As you have a fuel filter in the tank wouldn't it be a better idea to put the new fuel filter just before it gets to the carb? Just incase any crap is brought in after the pump and along the lines? Just a thought..........

sTuDeNt
10-09-04, 10:33 AM
Idea is good but the problem is that the line from pipe to carb goes over engine hed and it gets freaking hot, if i were to put it there it will iether melt and turn my car in to burning meteorite or just pack up! :lol: :lol:
I sorted it anyway now, got proper fuel line and replaced it with nice and long one so its all sweet now!

dunova
10-09-04, 10:43 AM
Thats where mine was on my old nova :oops:
But as soon as i realised i moved it to near the alternator (not THAT near!) and it was clear of everything. But i do agree........lots of fuel and lots of heat aren't such a great idea :onfire:

burgo
10-09-04, 07:56 PM
because its before the pump you can use any old rubber pipe and that liquid is more then likely just condensation