PDA

View Full Version : Abyss

MattNova
09-09-04, 01:52 PM
Does an Abyss front bumper fit onto a MK1 1.2 merit? or do you have to start modding it? :?:

gary_1.2Merit
09-09-04, 01:56 PM
i think most new bumpers will have to be modded in some way coz of the way there made, n the moulds are different. thats what ive heard neway. try and get one thats already been fitted to a car, that way you'll kno it'll fit

MattNova
09-09-04, 02:01 PM
Well ive already brought one (picked it up for ?65), now thats its come to fitting it, i dont know if its going to be a b4st4rd or not :? someone told me that they are quite easy to fit, ,i was just wondering if anyone has fitted one before and if they are easy enough.

dunova
09-09-04, 02:22 PM
I've got an abyss front and it fits quite well. I've just bolted mine onto the frame (drilled through the 2 rectangle shape recesses on the back) and put ties on the side even though that sit nicely on there own. Hope that helps

MattNova
09-09-04, 02:25 PM
So do you just take the front bumper off and drill holes in the plastic of this bumper and throught the shell and just bot it on. what do you mean by ties? do you have to fastern it at the arches?

dunova
09-09-04, 02:46 PM
Drill a hole in each recess on the back of the abyss, then when you take your old bumper off there's a black metal frame that you need to bolt to the abyss through the holes you've drilled. If its not new then it should have holes already drilled in the recess. The sides fitted quite snuggly but just for extra support i drilled a small hole in each side of the bumper (where you cant see!) and a small hole in my arch and put a plastic tie on each side. Ties are plastic strips that wont come un-done once you've pulled them tight, you have to cut them to get them off.

nova ian
09-09-04, 09:18 PM
yea an abyss front bumper will go on a mk1, i hav jus got an abyss front and rear and hav the task of fitting them! :roll: hav a feeling the rear one is going to be hard!