PDA

View Full Version : who's just got a mint mota for peanuts?

Anonymous
12-10-01, 10:07 AM
me...thats who :D

J reg, red 1.2 luxe (don't know why it's called a luxe, it hasn't got leccy windows, central locking or anything...lol), 90k (gettin an engine conversion soon anyway so no probs with that mileage), bodywork is immaculate! if u added up the surface are of rust all over the car it would come to less than an inch! literally...minter) immaculate interior, 10 months MOT, 6 months tax, no faults...

i'm a happy chappy, seen as it cost me ?600!

:D:D:D i'll be able to come to meets etc soon which i'm lookin forward to (i bet u lot aren't lookin forward to me coming though...lol)

Ged

PS. I've found a new host who will host RB (with full CGi facilities etc) for ?12 a year! (?1 a month!) ok, there['s a chance it could get hacked again, but i'm praying it wont happen. No site is 100% safe, so there's no point in investing hundreds of squid in getting a site that in effect, could still be hacked ;) Ged

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
12-10-01, 11:05 AM
Congrats Ged! With the deal on the car and the monkey game, u must be smiling :D
Look forward to meeting you..

Ben B-)

Anonymous
12-10-01, 11:09 AM
thats exactly the same ias the mota i got ged :D i said exactly the same thing when i got mine

but i was told what makes it a luxe is you can not see metal at the top of the frontdoors (covered by plastic)
and the wheel archs in the boot are carpeted dunno what else it is the luxe puls that has e/w s/r c/l

x-b :)p ***********The Novaload Member Formally known As Nova91*********** :)p x-b

Anonymous
12-10-01, 11:16 AM
a plus point about the car is that it's got the SR/SRi/GTE/GSi black rear window surrounds :D

then again, i didn't just buy the car cos of that...lol

yeah, lookin forward to joining the massive convoys to cruises etc...should be a laff ;):D

Nova Community

Anonymous
12-10-01, 11:52 AM
My neighbours bought a 1.2 luxe at the start of the year, the blue/green colour. K reg, for ?1800 or something, it was quite smart already - you should see what has been done to it now - 16" mille miglia's (i think), lowered, Full shell respray in some kind of Ferrari colour, Quad kit, including headlights, new interior (dunno wot it is but its red + Black), 3" twin exhaust. However they have left the engine alone. Oh yeah, and two brand new doors from Vauxhall - in total they have spent just over ?4000 in the last 9 months!! :O So i was speaking to him at his gate and now he says he's planning a Calibra turbo engine! He drives an Astra sport - the nova is his wife's!

Anonymous
12-10-01, 12:03 PM
lol!

when the modifying bug bites and all that...lol ;)

m car cost me ?600, got sum Astra GSi 15s for ?210 with 4 brand new tyres (worth about ?140), i'm gonna remove rubbing strips, colour code the usual mirrors, boot grab handle etc andlower it -60mm...that lot should come to under ?1k all in and it should look a very clean and tidy motor...

how people can spend so much on theri cars and not make it a monster for that amount of cash is lunacy...i mean, that blue nova in Max Power said it had had ?8k spent on it :O and he was a mechanic!

"i kept costs down by fitting the wheels and breaks..."

i could do that and i'm a fcukin spanner...lol :p

[waits for posts saying 'we know'....lol]

Nova Community

Anonymous
12-10-01, 12:56 PM
We know !!!;)

Anonymous
12-10-01, 01:26 PM
there's always one...lol

Nova Community

Anonymous
12-10-01, 01:31 PM
Ged, get your arse down to the 1st yorkshire PNG meet this sunday. Its at the Old Cornmill (pub i think) off the m62 towards huddersfield cant remember what junction but if u look through the last weeks post you'll find it.
It only takes me about 1.5 hours to get to blackpool from bradford so u should be able to do it in a similar time, plus it will be a chance to give your car its 1st major test drive. Hope to c u there. ;)
T.

Anonymous
12-10-01, 08:44 PM
or he could go to his own regions meet in stockport which is a lot nearer has loads of nnovaload members at and regularly has 20+ cars!

cheadle royal by john lewis signposted off m56/m60

Anonymous
12-10-01, 11:22 PM
i'll be there...

Anonymous
13-10-01, 12:37 AM
nice 1 ged, sounds a bargain :)

wot engine u wanna put in it? 1.6 16v or summat bigga :)

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D

Anonymous
15-10-01, 10:48 AM
not decided...but my 6 points might be a deciding factor in that decision...lol

probably just a 1.6i ;)

Nova Community

Anonymous
16-10-01, 12:19 AM
lol good point :)

u got any pics of it then? tis interestin to know how nice a 600 quid car can look condition wise as i'll be wantin a solid nova in a few months to smack a decent engine in for me 1st car (lol)... not bothered about insurance as long as it's no more than 1500 tpft

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D