PDA

View Full Version : boot install (air)

probert_nova
08-09-04, 10:27 PM
iv'e bought one audiobahn aw 1500q sub and a audiobahn a8002t amp to power it. im planing to build all the enclosure myself but because the sub is going to be inverted i wondered if there is going to be be a problem with air getting to the front of the sub as im placing the sub at a 45 degree to the floor.(there isn't a spare wheel well)

would it work fine just to put a few port holes near to the sub.
some general do's n don'ts would be handy.

has anyone got of any pictures of cars which have a wicked looking boot install but only have one amp and sub coz im havin trouble deciding where to place them (a few pairs of 6by9s are gonna be fitted and also a cd changer)

cheers in advance

-tucny-
09-09-04, 05:56 PM
iv got an audiobahn 15" sub, its inverted too. the box needs to be huge for it. i just used a 80mm port for it n its fine. dnt put ur port too close to the sub though as it actually needs a bit of pressure against the cone n the bass will be smoother if its a bit further away. ur tech booklet with ur sub will tell u the formula to make ur box the right dimension.

probert_nova
10-09-04, 11:05 AM
have you got any pictures you could post or email to me?

i looked in the book that came with it and it just tells me how to work out the volume of a sub box nothing about how big the box should be.

cheers

Ryan3k1
10-09-04, 02:09 PM
There's a old sayin u get what u pay 4 & in boxes 4 sub's it's alway's the case!!! Still it will b loud as f*ck tho :lol: