need all photos of ones on novas
plus anyone whos fitted one any tips
i cant get the piece of black plastic off the bottom
**jules** how did you do the one on your black one
can it be fitted to my wrap around or is it only mk2's

cheers m@rk

Philsutton
07-09-04, 07:54 PM
i dont think many people like those spoilers on here, i used to have one on my sr spoiler and so did mike but neither of us have ti anymore.

epo
07-09-04, 07:59 PM
was that the one everyone called a plane wing :?:

Philsutton
07-09-04, 08:02 PM
yeah thats the one :lol:

epo
07-09-04, 08:05 PM
o really like the mondeo estate spoiler would like one for mine but not sure it''ll suit it

Philsutton
07-09-04, 08:42 PM
i have the mondeo one in my room with gsi spoiler but some pikey tryed to rip it off. But no i dont think many people like them either.

epo
07-09-04, 09:12 PM
yeah it looked spot on on yours

nova m@rk
08-09-04, 04:13 PM
nah aint to keen on the mondy ones
cuz the look to me like they sag in the middle
any pics shall i just PM jules ??

Jules
08-09-04, 05:43 PM
I'm here I'm here!!! Don't panic!!!

On my old black one I had a wraparound spoiler and cut off the legs that go down the side of the tailgate so it was just the bit along the top of the tailgate - I rubbed down where it was cut off so it didn't look messy.

As for adding the Astra GTE spoiler, I had a friend take 6" (I think - may of been more) out of the middle and plastic welded back together, he also removed the 'stilts' that bolt to the Astra's boot and he plasic welded some of the plastic he removed from the centre to fill the holes.
When I got it home I took it apart (They are bolted together top and bottom) and put about 15 small self tapping screws through the bottom half into the top of the cut down wraparound spoiler to hold it in place, then the top half went back on and when the bodyshop sprayed it they used some filler to smooth the gap between the wraparoud spoiler and the shortened Astra GTE spoiler.

To be honest I know a lot of people on here didn't like Mike Oxfords and to be honest neither did I - it was still full width and did look a bit daft, where as mine was shortened in the middle didn't look too bad in my opinion (It was probably about 6-7 years ago it was done!!).

epo
08-09-04, 06:56 PM
go on then phil just out of curiostiy how much for your mondeo spoiler
not that ive got an money just nosey :lol:

Philsutton
08-09-04, 08:08 PM
not a clue but i would be some where round bout 80 for the gsi an mondeo one already blended.

epo
08-09-04, 09:36 PM
theres a post in general from a lad asking for one i told him to ask you :wink:

Tazzy
08-09-04, 10:50 PM
i have an astra gte spoiler as well, not yet fitted it though, got a few ideas for it but nothing solid yet (or the money to do anything with it!) but what ive seen so far, as in, being blended onto the gte and gsi spoilers, thats not what ive got in mind!

DazK
09-09-04, 01:18 AM
http://www.batmotorsport.co.uk/nova_rear_right.jpg

Looks half decent there :+:

nova m@rk
09-09-04, 10:21 AM
cheers lads thats all i needed (still in 2 minds wether to put a spoiler on)