PDA

View Full Version : bitch of a problem if ur brainy this is for you!!!

madcodling
06-09-04, 11:55 PM
hi ive completed puttin in my 20xe into my gte and wired it and piped it all up. but i aint got a spark at the coil for some reason
ive gone all round the engine with me meter and all wires are intact and power is gettin to the ecu
but what i have found is there is no pulse gettin to the coil to make it spark
so ive been told .

on the coil plug what wire is the one that should pulse
also have you got a clue what is causin this as it is really p****n me off now

i have tested the crankshaft sensor and it is all worknig fine ive changed the ecu for an other 20xe one and they both are workin so it aint that so if you can help please do

cheers

robb
07-09-04, 12:15 PM
Could be something silly like no ign to it?

I don't know the 2.0 16v lump or management but I had no spark when I missed the ign from the coil/module part of the loom!

dav
07-09-04, 06:23 PM
its the black wire that pulses the green one is for the rev counter. trace it backto inside the car and check as far back as you can!

madcodling
07-09-04, 11:03 PM
i take it you mean the black wire comin from the coil which is actually a sleeving for a red and black wire.
anyways its all intact

i read on mig web a similer problem i.e no spark but i could'nt make too much sense of it have a look you kight be able to shed some light

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=147544

it says in the end he just bypassed the relay but im not sure which one i take it he means the pump relay but how do you do this.

also where do i find the ecu light wires?

please help if you can as im really stuck

cheers

broody
08-09-04, 12:53 AM
Has your car got an imobiliser?

robb
08-09-04, 09:24 AM
Glad to hear you got it going!

Could be something silly like no ign to it? (referring to ignition system)

That'll be the ign to the coil then, but from the ECU loom as it's newer Motronic. It caught me out too on my GSi wiring.

madcodling
09-09-04, 06:01 PM
noi that bloke aint me its just someone who had a similer problem but i cant work out how he fixed it

robb
10-09-04, 09:15 AM
Here is the time I had a wierd problem with ignition and sparks, just needed to go and buy some more lol.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95789