PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Question

sTuDeNt
06-09-04, 11:12 PM
Guys I just got Gmax Kit 40mm!
Read the manual and a bit worried! Do I have to bleed the breaks? Do I have to take the breaks apart? I will have to disconnect the brake lines from wheels? CV joints and driveshaft, is there are anything I should know before we go ahead with it? Never done something like this before!, so need good guidence!

Thnanks!

Philsutton
07-09-04, 12:27 AM
i hope to god you dont need to bleed the brakes. You shouldnt need to touch them at all and driveshafts dont need to be touched either. The struts just bolt off the hub and the top of the turret thats it.

-Bruce-
07-09-04, 10:10 AM
its easy job if the bolts and nuts are kind to you, i would advise spraying wd40 on them the day before!! just for a helping hand. and build your new supention strut up with the spring etc and then just a swap, thats it.

bruce

Potswalker
07-09-04, 10:12 AM
if the lowering springs are already on struts then it takes about 10 mins per side in the front and the back is well easy if its just the springs. like he said you undo two bolts on the bottom of the strut and the two in the engine bay. if not on struts then you need some sping compressors aswell :wink:

Philsutton
07-09-04, 01:24 PM
oh yeah forgot to meantion the spring compressor, although it is fun taking the bolt off the strut without one. Just make sure you havent got it pointing at you or a window :lol:

Stuart
07-09-04, 01:35 PM
ive done them on the car before lol, un jacked, then undo the nut and rasie the car till the spring is nearly loose then unbolt the 2 19mm bolts and run lol

sTuDeNt
07-09-04, 01:46 PM
ive done them on the car before lol, un jacked, then undo the nut and rasie the car till the spring is nearly loose then unbolt the 2 19mm bolts and run lol

:o

Philsutton
07-09-04, 03:52 PM
its all good fun :lol:

sTuDeNt
07-09-04, 05:09 PM
YEAH! :o :roll:

:lol:

Matt Nova
08-09-04, 10:01 AM
its all good fun :lol:

Until one hits you in the face lol you guys are mad

Philsutton
08-09-04, 03:16 PM
true i do know of someone being hit in the face by a fiesta front spring cos he couldnt be arsed to use a spring retainer. It killed him, then again ford springs tend have more tension on them than vauxhall ones.

Philsutton
08-09-04, 03:16 PM
true i do know of someone being hit in the face by a fiesta front spring cos he couldnt be arsed to use a spring retainer. It killed him, then again ford springs tend have more tension on them than vauxhall ones.

robb
08-09-04, 03:31 PM
Sh*t that is nasty, in fact I caught my mate with his in the vice (cos he needed strut tops) it was on the last bit of thread and the roof is asbestos!!!

Oh if you have antiroll bars you may have to undo the 13mm ball joint bolt and release the hub from the swingarm. And ain't it a bitch to find a spanner that actually fits those strut top bolts.

Matt Nova
08-09-04, 05:51 PM
18mm spanner for top strut mount i finks, which is a bitch to get hold off. I wouldn't like to be a dodgy spring whether its ford or vauxhall lol