PDA

View Full Version : My salad.........

Jules
06-09-04, 01:05 PM
...............Maybe this will cheer Marty up a bit:

Today I got home from the doctors (I was pissed off) and decided that I'll knock up a big bowl of home made salad just to keep in the fridge so it can be eaten whenever (saves Michelle from doing too much cooking - I'm a great husband!! :D ).
The ingredents used were:

1/2 Iceberg lettuce (shredded)
2 Celery sticks (diced)
3 Tomatoes (diced)
Mild Chedder cheese (diced)
Bavarian smoked cheese (diced)
6 Radishes (finely diced)
6 medium pickled beetroots (diced)
3 Red spring onions (finely chopped)
1/2 Red onion (finely diced)
1 Large carrot (diced)
1/4 Cucumber (finely diced)
1 Green pepper (diced)
Splash of lemon juice

After 30 mins of chopping it all up all I needed to do next was add a little mayonaise to bind it all together and mix it up, I placed the bowl on the worktop and turned to the cutlery draw to get a spoon to mix it all up with the mayo...........out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash closey followed by a thud on the kitchen floor - I'd knocked it off the worktop and it was now spread all over the kitched floor!!!
AARRRRAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Obviously I was pissed off but this story is useless without pictures, so I grabbed the digi cam and took some!!

Here's the bowl it was in, I've placed my phone in there to give a sense of size (it's a fairly big bowl):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/CripplerUK1/Picture001.jpg

Now here's the food all over the floor after I'd knocked it off (I'd bunched it all up and the blast zone was quite large!!) - Again the phone is used for a sense of size:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/CripplerUK1/Picture002.jpg

Bugger.
:evil:

Alex
06-09-04, 01:18 PM
If you had of made it in a tuppareware container with a lid this crazy fiasco could have been avoided. Always think safety first.

Stuart
06-09-04, 01:43 PM
lmao is that the phone you always use? hmmmm veggy phone

also why put celery in? its pointless, you use more engery eating it than you get from it. thts just gay

make a beef salad next time, with steak, ribs, lard and gristle! thats a mans salad, no veggy stuff in sight

Alex
06-09-04, 01:44 PM
you don't win friends with salad

novaal
06-09-04, 02:53 PM
that salad looks friggin disgustin anyway :o

Dpnova
06-09-04, 03:05 PM
Lot of work went into that project..better luck next time :D

-Bruce-
06-09-04, 05:08 PM
looked good, but the celery was not needed in anyway!! horrible stuff.

so did you give up with the salad idea? or what?

bruce

epo
06-09-04, 05:25 PM
rabbit food minging

Jules
06-09-04, 05:25 PM
I was so pee'd off that I cleared it up and decided to eat some Custard Creams and watch episodes of American Chopper that I have on my PC!!
:lol:

-Bruce-
06-09-04, 05:58 PM
ah well jules, better luck next time!!

bruce

wisewood
06-09-04, 06:15 PM
UNLUCKY!!!

I do stuff like that all the time. Gets on my nerves... spend more time cleaning up the mess than you do preparing the stuff in the first place. Although it does mean that i am pretty much banished from the kitchen whenever mel is doing anything :lol:

epo
06-09-04, 06:37 PM
am banned from the kitchen any way to many shap objects to play with and fire :lol:

?Marty?
06-09-04, 07:28 PM
Oh GOD NO, all that CHEESE wasted!! :cry:

I had a funny 'kitchen fiasco' too (one of my many fiascos lol) - took a bottle of milkshake out the fridge and proceeded to give it s crazy shake (as it instructs on the bottle). The lid only came off whilst mid-stroke (and obv there's a few second delay reaction time before i stopped the 'shaking motion' lol) so i ended up with banana milkshake all over the ceiling, floor, kitchen cabinets.... :evil: lol

I like making just a simple feta cheese and lettuce salad, into which i mix in some diced (cooked obviously lol) chicken, and then lightly bind the mixture with curried mayo (just mix some curry powed with mayo!). It's wicked!

?Marty?
06-09-04, 07:30 PM
Oh and cheers, your misfortune has cheered me up no end! lol Nah i'm just kiding. Tho we all laugh about it afterwards i guess, just not at the time. lol

Oh and i like potaTOE salad too. And coleslaw.

Mel
06-09-04, 09:24 PM
unlucky mate

i've been there plenty of times, but still found it funny :lol:

sorry Jules :oops:

:lol:

Stuart
06-09-04, 09:32 PM
how clean was the floor?

waste not want not and all that

Col_Mk1
07-09-04, 12:35 AM