PDA

View Full Version : Tuning a 1.6 8 valve E16SE (a few questions)

Clutch
05-09-04, 03:22 PM
Hello mates, i?m from Portugal and i?ve got a Vauxhall Nova 1.6 8 valve engine E16SE. A few weeks a go i had a problem with the engine a the 4? piston broken. I went with my car to competion mecanic and i have put:

- KS (new) pistons +0.50
- LUK Clutch
- All the small parts are new
- Ported and polish the head (Lowered, bigger inlet canals with polish)
- An inlet manifold work, polish etc
- 280? camshaft
- K&N air filter 57i (specific)

I gone to pick up my car next friday with the modification?s below, how many power sould i have now :?:

What i have to do next step: should i put a middle pipe of the exaust system bigger maybe 50 or 55 mm direct with the original backbox and the same manifold, a manifold 4-1 or 4-2-1 (what?s the better one), a chip (what is the best one???) or something else?

MechaT
06-09-04, 11:52 PM
read the sticky at the top of the page

Clutch
07-09-04, 12:06 AM
I already did that, but anyway what i need is a answer to my specific question. Not how to tune the engine. Is easy to get 4 branch exhaust manifold in england?

Jules
07-09-04, 11:08 AM
Janspeed do a 4 branch manifold here in the UK.
I'm sure getting one to Portugal shouldn't be too much of a problem, infact there is a Janspeed dealer in Portugal according to Janspeeds website:

JOAQUIM SANTOS AUTO
Sitio Da Torra Apartado 146 8365 Armacao De Pera PORTUGAL TEL: 00351 82322410

Hope that helps.

Stuart
07-09-04, 11:15 AM
umm id say either an aftermarket engine management OR chip it to make use of the head work and cam.

yes a 4-1 manifold would be a good plan, and as jules says it shouldnt be ahrd to ahve one shipped over. i mean you could probably get one from germany a little easier?

umm as for power id hazzard a guess that it will put out approx 120-130bhp and prehaps lots more torque, basically it will be more fun to drive :)

Clutch
07-09-04, 07:44 PM
Thanks very much mates.
I need one more thing, what the size of the midle exhaust pipe do you use to this kind of mods?
The stock one i think is 48mm!